x. Worry

2016

2016

"SO? HOW WAS IT?" Jimin looked at Alice expectantly as she tugged the earphone out of her ear.

"It was... amazing!" She smiled widely and looked at him. Jimin's face lit up as he sat up.

"Really? You really think so?" He grinned from ear to ear as his voice went higher in pitch out of excitement.

"Yeah! Jimin, that might be the best song I've heard," she stated.

"Alice..." he squealed and stretched out her name. He wrapped his arms around her shoulders as he smushed his face to her right shoulder that he was closest to. Alice chuckled in response and put her hand on his arm, rubbing it.

He had shown her a song after the release of BTS' second studio album, Wings. Except it wasn't just any song on the album, it was his first solo song, that he named, 'Lie.'

He had told Alice to not play that song by any means necessary, as he wanted to watch her hear it for the first time and get her reaction. Alice had always been so supportive of his career until then, and he knew it would be meaningful if he'd seen her initial reaction to his first solo work. He had put his blood, sweat and tears into that song and even had a rough time in the middle of it. And he wanted Alice to be the first person to hear it in front of him.

It meant the world to him when she complimented his song. Seeing her smile during the entire duration of the song made his heart flutter in excitement.

"Jimin, I'm really proud of you," Alice said as he pulled away from the one-sided hug.

"Thank you," he smiled. "It wasn't really easy for me, too," he nodded a bit and licked his lips.

"Why?" She raised an eyebrow innocently as she looked at him in his dark brown eyes.

"I don't know..." his voice trailed off as his smile faded. "When I was in the middle of writing it, it-it was when I was so self-conscious, you know?" He looked at his hands. "And I felt like I didn't know what I was doing. I mean, Hoseok-hyung and Jungkook were writing their own songs and they effortlessly sounded so good, and I was just wondering what I did wrong."

"Did you feel like the song was off?" She softly asked.

"Yeah, I felt like I had no inspiration to write. And once you feel that way, it's kind of hard to get back on your feet," he explained.

"How did you get back? On your feet?"

"You called me," Jimin smiled gently and looked up at her. She raised her eyebrows in confusion in response. "That day I was considering scrapping the whole thing. You called me and asked how I was doing. And when I said I was fine, you knew I was lying, so you told me to keep my chin up always," he smiled at the memory.