ix. Truth

2020

2020

JIMIN HAD GIVEN her a ride home after the dinner, but Alice had offered for him to come inside and have some late night tea. He didn't refuse, because he felt that some nice, warm tea would relax his muscles after being sore and tired from constantly practicing.

When they entered her apartment, Alice was practically sprinting for the bathroom. She had been holding it in since they left the restaurant and she honestly thought she might have an accident. Jimin laughed at her and took off his shoes, walking to the living room. He heard the bathroom door shut and out of boredom, he examined the books on the full bookshelf. He wasn't surprised that she had so many books, she loved to read anything. He squinted as his eyes skimmed over a book named, 'The Fundamental Orbit of the Moon.'

Only Alice, he thought.

Another book had caught his eye, except it was a photo album. He gently pulled it out of the bookshelf and held it in his arm, as his other hand flipped through the pages. They were filled with pictures of Alice and her family. His eyes landed on a photo of Alice in her father's lap when she was about seven years old, at around Christmastime, judging by the green decorated tree in the background. A soft smile formed on Jimin's lips as he continued flipping through the pages. Many of them contained of pictures of Jimin and her together, wearing their uniforms and doing goofy poses. He cringed a bit when he saw his face and he shuddered every time.

He then saw a picture of Alice holding a soccer ball tucked under her arm as she held up a trophy, many people surrounding her. He recognized it as her first soccer game that she kicked the winning goal of. He recognized it because he was at that game, sitting on the bleachers and cheering for his best friend.

He'd always been very amazed by her duality, being top of her class all while participating in sports and winning all of the games for her teams. Despite the other teammates disliking her, she never minded them and always focused on doing her best to win, which she always did. She was quite the MVP at every sport she played, which is possibly why many of the members of each team disliked her.

Jimin recalled the time when Alice told him the other girls on the badminton team tried to get her kicked off the team. Alice said they had told the coach that she wasn't a good player, saying she refused to get along with them. They weren't wrong, though, but it didn't matter because the coach was willing to set it aside. The fact was, if it had been any other player, they would have been kicked off, but the coach thought Alice was too good to be cut from the team. And she knew this, which was why she was never phased by the situation. When Jimin was told this he was beyond amazed by her.

Jimin continued to flip through the pages before he noticed something that caught his eye. It wasn't from the photo album, rather it was the piece of loose thread tickling his palm from his long sleeve. He folded the book closed and put it back to its place on the shelf before making his way to the kitchen.