xiv. Glance

"ALICE, SEOKJIN-HYUNG texted my group chat that we were all invited to his old college friend's party, you should come with," Jimin looked up at Alice from his phone, sitting on the couch

"ALICE, SEOKJIN-HYUNG texted my group chat that we were all invited to his old college friend's party, you should come with," Jimin looked up at Alice from his phone, sitting on the couch. Alice had just gotten home from work, and was on the couch relaxing after a long day.

"A party?" She cocked her eyebrow at him sarcastically. She never really was the type of person to go to parties and bars, only going once about every two years. Jimin knew that too, but he also knew that Alice had been stressed out so he figured it could be a good night to relax. It was a Friday as well, and she didn't have work the next day.

"Come on, it'll be fun. When was the last time you went to a party?" Jimin asked her.

"Two years ago, maybe," she replied. She remembers that night very vividly, as she didn't drink as much, like usual. Jimin had ditched her that night for a college girl, and Alice didn't mind, she just wished he had at least left her his car to get home with. At least one of them had fun that night. "I gotta study tonight."

"Just lay it off for one night. You don't even have class tomorrow," Jimin raised his eyebrows. "Please?" He stretched out the word while sticking out his bottom lip.

"Yeah, yeah, fine," she rolled her eyes after a few seconds of thinking. She figured she could at least go for Jimin, who probably needed a night out to de-stress from constantly practicing.

"Hyung! We're going!" Jimin yelled from the couch. Hoseok walked into the living room not long after.

"I'm already dressed, let's go," he grabbed his wallet and his phone. Alice stood up from the couch, stretching her arms out a bit. Jimin stood up as well, glancing at her.

"You're not wearing that, are you?" He asked.

"What's wrong with it?" Alice looked down at her clothes. She was wearing black jeans along with her uniform top that she didn't bother changing out of at the nursing home.

"You should at least look pretty tonight," Jimin snickered, earning a quick backhand slap on his stomach from Alice.

"Jimin-ah, you know she doesn't even have to try," Hoseok remarked, a wide smile on his face. Jimin scoffed at his words and grabbed his stuff.

"I'm going to use the bathroom before I go," Alice stated, the boys nodding in response. They stood around as she walked into the hallway.

"Who's car are we taking?" Jimin asked Hoseok.

"Depends, are you going to go to someone else's house tonight?" He raised an eyebrow at him with a slight smirk.

"No, I'm going to make sure Alice has a good night tonight. She needs it," Jimin said, running a hand through his hair.

"Your car, then," Hoseok checked his watch. "Running low on gas."

The two boys' heads turned when they heard Alice walk into the room, jaws nearly dropping.