xxxiv. Angel and Devil

JIMIN DRAGGED HIS feet through the front door as his hair dripped onto his face

JIMIN DRAGGED HIS feet through the front door as his hair dripped onto his face. The image of Minjun and Alice under the umbrella in the alley flashed in his mind as he walked into the house. He wished it was him, with her, apologizing and comforting her like the best friend he should be. But instead Minjun was there, doing it for him.

All he wanted to do was go to sleep, and let slumber take him away from his thoughts. He changed into some pajamas and went to the kitchen for a sip of water to calm his nerves. He regretted ever yelling at Alice in the first place. He didn't know what came over him and he hated himself for making her feel bad. He felt as if he was constantly letting her down and he wanted to beat himself up for everything.

Suddenly, the sound of a knock on the door piqued Jimin's attention. Quickly setting the glass of water down, he jogged to the front door, ready to give Alice the biggest of hugs and apologize to her for being an idiot. But, instead, he saw the face of Jia, a light smile on her face as she met eyes with his.

"What are you doing here?" Jimin blinked in confusion.

"What do you think I'm doing here?" She smirked as she began to slowly walk into the house, pushing Jimin back with her hand delicately on his chest. "Did you shower?" She ran her hand through his wet hair as she closed the door behind her.

"N-Yeah," Jimin replied. "I don't know if tonight's a good night-"

"Isn't every night a good night for you?" Jia whispered as she inched her face toward his, her hands roaming his body. "You told me that last time, when you had me against the wall," she smirked before attaching her lips to the soft skin of his neck.

Jimin's eyes fluttered close from the feeling, but he couldn't help but feel a twinge of guilt. While Jia's body was pressed against his, the only thing on his mind was Alice. And it hurt him. To think that he'll never be able to have this with her.

Maybe just one night, he thought. To get my mind off of things. Of her.

It was the only thing he could do.

Succumbing to her touch, Jimin brought his hand to Jia's cheek and pressed his lips against hers roughly, letting his body take control instead of his mind for the rest of the night.

-

When Alice returned downstairs the next morning, it was much to her demise when she saw the pile of unfamiliar clothes still on the floor. A girl was still there, under Jimin's sheets in his bedroom, quite naked because her clothes were yet still on the floor. Alice wanted to walk right back up to Jungkook's house and stay there for the rest of the day, and at this rate, possibly live there, but she knew she couldn't run away from her problems forever. So, she looked at the clothes in disgust as she continued to walk in the house.