Suga x Reader Oneshot! ~Stressed~

just a oneshot; think of it as another epilogue but slice-of-life ^^

You took a deep breath.

Nothing in the entire world could ever prepare you for what you were going to do.

But it had to be done.

This, however, could be the difference between...

Well, come to think, you didn't really know. But you knew that the result could be devastating.

You could be mourning yourself, wishing that you had spent more time trying to do more to help yourself, so that you wouldn't be so scared when the time actually came.

Despite your doubts, you placed your hand on the thin, white solid in front of you.

And in one swift motion, you flipped it over.

A 69%?!

It took everything in your power not to cry or run out of the classroom or shout or-

Basically do anything that could embarrass yourself or get yourself sent straight to the principal's office. But you were so close.

So close to passing your finals! This could've been the difference between a C and a D in your math class, and you failed! Sighing and clenching your fist, you struggled to hold back your tears. You failed, and now you only had one thing to look forward to in your day.

Him.

Soon enough, the school bell rang, signaling the end school. Karasuno was a generally big school, but that never stopped you from immediately taking notice of your boyfriend. His silver hair glinted off sunlight and his skin glowed like an angel's. Petals from a nearby Sakura tree cascaded around him, his smile beaming like a million stage lights. It seemed like a scene from a movie.

"(Y/n)!" He exclaimed as you ran towards him, struggling to keep a smile on your face as well.

You fake-grinned, knowing that his motherly instincts would take over if you looked sad. However, tears were already brimming the corners of your eyes and you struggled to keep your happy front up.

"Koushi," You replied, your voice trembling the slightest bit. His face lit up even more, but then dulled when he noticed that your expression wasn't all that joyful. He opened up his arms and you fell into them, letting him embrace you tightly. He pecked the top of your head in efforts to cheer you up.

"Are you alright?" Suga held you up to look into your eyes. You buried your face back into his jacket, on the verge of crying. "What happened? Can you talk about it?"

"C-Can we go home?" You sniffled, remembering that your parents wouldn't be home until night. Sugawara only nodded, holding your hand and letting go of the rest of you. You practically latched onto his arm like a koala, leaning into his warmth. He smiled back at you, grabbing your backpack and walking you home.

You unlocked the door quickly, shutting and locking it behind Suga. You had been silent the entire walk back.

"(Y/n), you never answered me," Koushi caught your arm before you walked into your room. You motioned for him to come in as well. "Are you okay?"

You sat on your bed beside him and then laid down. Pushing your face into your pillow, you let it all out. Sobbing, you mumbled to him about your grades and test scores and how you were failing a couple of classes.

Koushi laid down beside you, wrapping his arms around you and bringing you close. He stroked your soft, (h/c) hair and gave you a kiss on the forehead as tears continued to spill out of your eyes.

"S-Suga, I was so close to passing! I could've studied harder, b-but now I have a D. I don't even know if studying would've helped. I don't know if anything would help. What if I get held back this year, and no colleges like me? What if I don't end up going to school with you? I wouldn't blame you if you'd want to leave me. I'm so stupid and ugly and useless and-"

Suga hugged you closer and you stopped, resting your forehead on his chest. He placed his chin on the top of your head.

"No, you're not. You're not stupid or ugly or useless or anything negative. In fact, you're the complete opposite. You're really smart and amazing and unique and beautiful, and I'd be more than happy to help you with your grades. Regarding college, I'll follow you, wherever you go. I promise, I'll never leave you. I love you and it hurts me to see you fall apart like this," Koushi explained softly, causing your heart to flutter. You closed your eyes, thankful for his words.

"I-I love you, too," You replied quietly. You looked up to give him a peck on the lips, genuinely smiling as he wiped away your tears. "Thank you."

I'm going to post oneshots (sugaxreader) occasionally. Enjoyyy~

-bree