Chapter 11: Embarrassed. Again.

8/15/20
~1418 words~

Sugawara rolled his eyes. Of course you'd do the polar opposite of everything he suggested. Maybe you were just doing it to piss him off? He scooted closer, examining your relaxed figure meticulously.

He watched your body move with every breath you took, your eyelids flutter the slightest bit every once in a while. You must've been exhausted, you had fallen asleep almost immediately. You weren't joking at all.

He found himself inching closer to you, taking in the sight of your smooth, (h/c) hair up close, your soft, rosy cheeks, and your fair skin. Your lips were slightly parted, and the left side of your face was resting on your right arm as you faced him calmly.

Sugawara was not used to seeing you so at ease, even when you were listening to lectures you seemed so tense and nervous. Seeing you in such a peaceful state...

He blushed involuntarily, suddenly deciding to move the stray strands of hair out of your face. Without warning you lifted your right arm from the position it was on the desk beside you, and Suga jumped backwards, thinking that you were waking up. But boy, oh boy was he wrong.

Instead, you flung it sideways (nearly hitting him in the head in the process), and removed your left hand from where it was, supporting your face. You then laid there, starting to snore rather loudly, face-planted on the desk with your arms all over the place lmao.

Maybe... no one noticed?

Haha, yeah right. Like the childish author of a poorly written fanfic would let the protag of an x Reader go on with their life as the stereotypical Mary Sue. Or let the readers continue without seeing any shattered fourth walls or experiencing any second-hand embarrassment.

Damn, author-chan do be savage.

The class of third-years looked at you in humor, confusion, pity, and amusement (aaand possibly in second-hand embarrassment). Some even decided to pull out their phones and record. Cascades of murmurs and laughter filled the room as you resumed your noisy nap, not even minding the noise (dont mind, kageyama-kun! dont-dont mind...).

The silver-haired angel- setter- spotted that quickly and decided to take action.
"Hey, did you guys know that taking photos and videos of someone without their consent is illegal? No? Just me?" The class turned towards him, the majority sheepishly putting their devices away. "Don't worry, I won't tell anyone, just delete the videos!"

He wore a face that could be taken as threatening and passive-aggressive, causing the atmosphere in the classroom to take a dramatic turn for the worse. Luckily, the people that you'd really have to worry about normally didn't get to class as early as you and Suga did, so the chances of being excessively teased were low.

Still, he wanted to make sure you didn't embarrass yourself further. He nudged your shoulder a bit, causing another snore to escape your mouth. Sighing, Sugawara decided to resort to extreme measures. The teacher was going to come soon, and the classroom was starting to fill.

"(Y/n), wake up now," He poked your cheek curiously and sat back up, forcing his hand into your side, like another "negativity BEGONE" karate chop.

"aGhhHkAaaAAhhshIiii," You blabbered, sitting upright. He covered your mouth, causing you to blush.

"The entire class is here, if you want to shout more and embarrass yourself again. If not, you should probably be quieter," He suggested while avoiding eye contact. You nodded sheepishly, moving his hand from your face.

You rubbed your eyes and yawned, turning away from him as you allowed yourself to wake up. As clear thoughts returned to your head, you remembered your short dream about the boy who hasn't contacted you in what felt like ages. Pulling out your phone carefully, you read the latest messages that you had sent.