Epilogue

The sounds of the crowd's cheering could've deafened you, but your adrenaline was enough to make it seem like there were only a few things in the world. Your team, your opponent, the court, and the ball.

The team was at a tough spot in the last set: whether or not they won it would determine if Karasuno was going to nationals.

The tension in the air was palpable.

The team was cracking under pressure, but you were determined to ensure that they wouldn't shatter.

The whistle signified a player swap.

And so you stepped on the court with full confidence, unfazed by your odds.

As your hand made contact with the ball your boyfriend setted, floating it opposite of you, past the team's defenses, you felt lighter. The practice with Koushi had paid off. You mastered your mother's move and you were proud. Your pent-up emotions were releasing along with the ball. You let go.

And your team was there.

Your boyfriend was there.

Losing one person did not have to include yourself and most certainly did not include everyone around you, and the tears cascading down your face were not just ones of overwhelming ecstasy, but emotions that had been begging to be released for years. Your mother was gone, but you were here.

When you were embraced by your team, the best in the prefecture, you realized multiple things.

You were you,

It's okay to shed tears,

And you're Never Alone.

Wow, what a ride it's been!

Yes, this is the end of the book, thank you to all the people who supported me, voted, commented, followed, or read this book!

I'm aware there's a lot of unanswered aspects of the plot, but I plan on ending it here. If you have any questions, feel free to comment and I'll try my best to answer!
PS: I added Akaashi into the plot impulsively, I'm sorry, he's completely irrelevant and it was mainly to stir in some jealousy and feed my mini-crush teehee

I wrote a little synopsis and explanation in the author's note of the previous chapter, so check it out if you're confused.

I may revisit the earlier chapters and re-edit another day, but, for now, it's time to lay this book to rest.

I have another Sugawara x Reader I'm working on, posted on my profile~

I'm also planning on releasing an Akaashi x Reader on both his and my birthday, December 5!!

Again, thank you so much, it was a great experience to write on here and publish my work!

~breebree