Chapter 8: Meat Buns and Indirect Kisses

again warning this chapter is horrible i was super bored but heres some y/n x suga moments ig
also LMFAO "NO HOMO"
youll understand later dont worry

"HUHH??" You jolted awake as a familiar voice caused you to snap out of your dream world.

"You woke (Y/n) up!" Kageyama?

"She's like an angel when she's sleeping," Tanaka?

"Suga-sannnnn! Why is she on your shoulder?" Hinata? Wait-

"Stop! Guys, back up, will you?" Daichi?

"Boke! Hinata boke! Why are you so loud?!" Okay, that was definitely Kageyama.

"Eh?" You mumbled and raised your head from the surface it was resting on. On Suga's shoulder...?

You looked to your right to see a visibly red Sugawara.

"EH?!" The sun had already set, it was night. Practice was over. The gym had been cleaned. The coach had left. Why were you... "G-Gomen, Suga..."

You jumped up and shivered at the gazes of Karasuno High's boy's volleyball team.

"D-Don't worry about it, (Y/n)," Suga reassured you. You continued to blush as you grabbed your backpack, nodded, and started walking back, too embarrassed to even say anything to the rest of the team.

But... Why didn't he wake you? He didn't mind you... sleeping on him? You turned completely red at the thought. You shook your head, as if that would expel all of the dirty thoughts that clouded the once-clear waters of your very, very damaged brain. (ahah no not personal in any way whatsoever-)

You were just a new student who just happened to meet the right people-

"(Y/N)!" You heard a voice shout, interrupting your thoughts. You swiveled your head around casually, as if you hadn't just fallen asleep on their vice-captain.

"Yes?" You answered.

"Do you want to come to the store with us? Coach Ukai works there and we can get Meat Buns!" Hinata exclaimed.

"U-Uh," You hesitated. You didn't know what compelled you to reply with the answer you did, but you found yourself watching the silver-haired setter, who was smiling while talking with the group that was heading to get food. "Sure!"

(this didn't happen in this time point in the anime, but let's say it did~)

You approached the group again, trying to forget about what had just happened. Instead, you stood by Sugawara, who had finished his conversation with Daichi. You realized that Tsukishima and Yamaguchi were gone. What a tsundere, that Tsukki.

"Sugawara-san?" You asked, getting his attention. You nervously played with your fingers and hair.

"Yes, (L/n)-san? Oh, and just Suga is fine," He replied politely.

"Oh, right, sorry, Suga. A-And I told everyone to just call me by my first name, if that's alright..." He nodded as you spoke, listening intently. You smiled to lighten the tension. "Sorry for earlier, I was so tired, I could've fallen asleep anywhere. I-I'm so embarrassed, I'm sorry for embarrassing you, too."

"Huh? No, it's fine, actually! I didn't mind," He said, waving his hands in defense. You smiled and nodded, trying not to laugh at the fact that his cheeks were tinted pink after he realized what he said. "No homo!"

You froze in your tracks, actually laughing hysterically.

"Suga, um, that's not how that works," You said between laughs. "'No homo' is saying that you didn't mean it in a... gay way," You laughed again, watching the human tomato take form. He started laughing too, surprisingly, and you didn't even realize that you were already at the store. Thankfully, nobody had heard your conversation. (this has no significance to the storyline lmfao i'm so sorry that was so out of character but my fingers said otherwise-

also "gay way"? LMFAOO WTF (Y/N))

You grinned at Daichi, who appeared with bags of meat buns. Everyone got their buns and dug in almost immediately. It was close to silent, except for small talk between you and the vice-captain as you allowed the cool night air to flow through your hair. You swallowed and realized that you only had half of a bun left, reminding you of how thirsty you were.

"Suga, want to get drinks?" You offered.

"Yeah," You both handed your meat buns to Hinata, who had already finished his.

"Thanks, Hinata! Uh, just don't... eat them," You clarified to the tangerine, who seemed to already be drooling over them.

"Y-Yeah, of course, (Y/n)-senpai!" He bowed respectfully and you giggled, ruffling his hair as you made your way inside the shop with Sugawara.

Both you and Suga grabbed Cokes (idk what they drink, bro. did you want me to say red bull? lmao,, for noya and hina too?) for the team.

There were cheers of happiness as you all grabbed your drinks. Walking up to Hinata, you and Suga grabbed your meat buns and continued to eat as the rest of the team, who had already finished, thanked you.

You merely nodded your head and took a bite of the meat bun you were holding.

Well shit.

You felt your eyes widen as did Suga's beside you. You hadn't gotten a pork bun...

"A-Ah! S-Suga, uh, this... this is yours?" You stumbled over your words in panic.

"Y-Yeah, and this one is yours," He concluded awkwardly.

"I-I'm so sorry!"

"Me too," He replied quickly.

The team froze in realization and then-

"AAAAAAAAAAAA!!"

OK AN IMPORTANT REFRESHER

this takes place about a monthish before their summer training camp in tokyoooo (i changed it later on, sorry if the timelines are confusing)

sorry bout the no-homo-

~do i have to do a closing again? oml im so bored