Suga x Reader Oneshot! ~Soulmate AU #1~

Hehehh i got #69 in the ranks for karasuno

Im sorry im such a child lolol

aaaanyways-

1K read special! (i started this when it was barely at 1K, now it's at 1.8-)

here's the au prompt i thought of randomly:

Soulmate AU where, after you turn 18, you live out highlights of your soulmate's day in your dreams. If the emotions are strong enough, you can even feel the same emotions that they did.

"Happy birthday, (Y/n)!" You smiled at your parents, grateful for the cake and gifts they gave you, but all you really wanted was to sleep. "Make a wish!"

You blew out the candles, your cheeks starting to hurt from the constant picture smiles. You were finally an adult. There were so many new things you could do, but only one thing came to mind when you thought about your new life as a young adult.

I wish I could meet my soulmate.

You thanked them once more and told them not to wake you, much to their surprise. All you could think about for the past year was meeting the one that you'd be with forever, the one that you'd love as soon as you met. Quite the romantic you were, reading books about people who found 'the one' and never let go, dramas that only made you yearn for a kiss of your own. Too bad those experiences were limited to mere rom-coms. But now you were ready. You'd live out their favorite moments of their day and find them.

Sometimes, you've heard of people who already knew their soulmate.

You've also heard of people who never found theirs.

Your soulmate might be older than you and already turned 18, but was never able to find you. He might also be younger. If he was a third-year as well, he was probably younger than you. Well, you knew you'd find him for sure.

It may seem easy, just locate the place that they were seen at often, but it could be much more complicated. You don't see everywhere they've been, just some highlights. Like a "best of..." compilation. Even so, some places are too far away to visit casually and your soulmate may not even speak the same language. Either way, you knew you'd do whatever it took to find yours and you hoped he'd do the same.

You ran up the stairs to your room excitedly, closing the door behind you.

"I'm ready to meet my soulmate!" You cheered, lying down under the covers.

Much to your dismay, an hour passed. And you were still wide awake.

"Why the hell does my brain refuse to shut off?!" You tossed and turned, unable to sleep because of your anticipation. "Melatonin, pineal gland, suprachiasmatic nucleus... please..."

You buried your face in your pillow hopelessly. You just wanted to know your soulmate...

As if on cue, you heard an annoying ringing sound.

...An alarm clock? Isn't it still the evening? Even so... your alarm clock didn't make that sound. You were more used to waking up to the words, "TOBE FLYYYYY" blasting in your ears.

And why was it morning? You glanced up at the beams sunlight shining through the blinds of your- no-

This was not your room. It was way too clean.

As if you weren't in control of your own body, you got up and stretched, yawning and rubbing your eyes groggily.

You squealed mentally, finally realizing. Your soulmate!
You watched excitedly as you- or he- got up, grabbing his uniform and changing into it.