The trouble with love

What's one thing you think is the trouble with love? Tell me in the comments!

AshuX
***
Three weeks flashed by and my habit of biting nails grew stronger to get rid of. I blame Chance and Joo Hyun for this. I'm usually careless and reckless, I've never felt this anxious at all. Not even when I wrote exams without studying.

It was a lazy morning, I couldn't drag myself out of the bed because I was wasted yesterday. So Mi thought it'd be fun to play spin the bottle including alcohol. Joo Hyun hates getting drunk and it was a sight to see yesterday, he was so cute when drunk.

I remember only bits of the night which faded into morning very soon. I crashed on my bed around four in the morning. My dad shook his head disapprovingly saying that I got drinking habits of my mother.

It was probably afternoon on an even lazier Saturday. It was like taking a child to go to school on force. I didn't want to get up at all. But if I didn't get my ass down for lunch at least, my mother would start with another lecture. I could skip college lectures but skipping my mother's was never as easy.

Stretching my arms out, I went to kitchen after brushing my teeth and washing my face. Seeing a mop of blonde hair on the dining table got me smiling like a kid. I didn't know that Joo Hyun would drop by, at least not as soon as he woke up. Maybe he woke up earlier than me.

My parents and my brother were waiting for me too, at the table with smiles. I didn't know what they were so happy about. They did cherish Joo Hyun so much so I didn't see a reason not to.

I sat down next to Joo Hyun. "Happy morning, Joo Hyunnie." He didn't reply and he looked tensed at the name. Did he not like me dragging his name? I shrugged those thoughts away.

"You mean afternoon?" My mother asked with a sass dripping out of her mouth.

My father shook his head, "I wonder whose drinking habits she got."

My brother was looking at me and my mother with a smug face. "Your tolerance in alcohol confirms that it is lesser than your tolerance with bullshit."

"It has to be, I mean, we both are tolerating you," He glared at me but my mother high-fived me openly. I am my mother's daughter and my father's daughter, poor Ji Hun had no one to back him up.

"So, when do you want me to fix your wedding?" My mother gestured me to the seat beside mine. I frowned, they are setting me up with Joo Hyun now?

"Wedding? We are just best friends," I said as I gobbled on the scrambled eggs.

"Yes, mom, we were best friends before we dated. Isn't it, Ji Hee?" That voice...

My eyes snapped to see Chance instead of Joo Hyun. If I had any last drunk thoughts, they became sober along with my mind. And the first thing I did was screaming before falling down from the chair.

How come I didn't recognise that it was Chance? Now he might be gritting his teeth over who Joo Hyun was. I must've mistaken him as Joo Hyun because both of them had blonde hair, lean built. I didn't bother seeing his face, my first mistake. I mean, I wouldn't expect him to be eating lunch with my parents as if they've been doing it for years now.

"Gwenchanha (Are you okay)?" My father and brother helped me up.

My mother looked for any wounds and sighed in relief. "Why did you react as if he's a ghost?"

"Why didn't anyone say anything about him coming here?" I asked, looking particularly at my father.

My father sighed, "He came this morning and talked to us about it. He apologised a lot. He said that you both broke up happily and how a small argument seperated you both. Your mother thought it would be okay to give him a chance."