To fly, to drown

How do you like the story so far? I hope it isn't boring you :)

AshuX
***
Two weeks into the new version of my past, I was overwhelmed. Chance would drop by my house the first thing in the morning to pick me up. He would take me to the work. And he set an alarm to pick me up from work.

Receiving this kind of energy and attention from him felt foreign. Before we broke up, we weren't even getting time to text each other back. We were caught up in our lives. Now seeing him make me his everything, it made me guilty.

Joo Hyun and I talked about Chance, we agreed that we would make him understand that we won't work out anymore. But Chance is as stubborn as ever, he wouldn't listen.

"Ice cream today?" Chance asked as ge picked me up from the work.

I was tired, to even reply. I could use a good delight to lift my mood up and ice cream is something I can't say no to. But the fact that he is indirectly asking me on a date, it kinda made me uncomfortable. It was uncomfortable because I love Joo Hyun, and he knows that now.

He sighed, "Okay, I'll just drop you home-"

"I think I can take her today," Joo Hyun popped put of nowhere cutting Chance off.

"Why are you always butting in?"

Joo Hyun didn't bother answering that. Both of them grabbed both of my hands. I felt like an elastic rubber band between them. It was getting tiring to be like this, to be as if I had no saying in my own love life.

I huffed, "You both treat me like I'm a doll, I can go home alone."

"But you promised to listen to my new piece!" Joo Hyun exclaimed.

I closed my eyes as I remembered it. I smiled at him weakly but before I could even answer, Chance beat me to it. "I don't think she needs music now, she needs food. She can listen to your music later, she needs to relive her stress."

Chance had a point. I would want to eat but Joo Hyun knew I listen to music at an awful rate to be even sane. I listen to music every second no matter what mood I am in. I wanted to do both. I got an amazing idea.

I grinned, "How about you bring ice cream to Joo Hyun's place? I can eat with you and listen to his music too."

"Deal."

"Okay."

I found myself in the grocery store with Chance and it felt like old times. Chance and I always had to get one thing or the another for our roommates. Trust me when I say half of our dates even when we started dating were spent there. That's why even when I came back to Ilsan, I couldn't help but be almost traumatic with grocery stores. Now he is here, in Ilsan, shopping for ice cream tubs and snacks. It'd leave a mark forever.

"Do you want mint or strawberry?" Joo Hyun asked as he picked up two ice cream flavours.

Chance took three tubs of ice cream in his hands. "I think she'd need chocolate for stress relief."

"You remember..." I muttered to myself.

He grinned, "I never forgot."

Joo Hyun frowned but didn't say anything. As we looked for other snack items, Joo Hyun picked up potato chips. Chance however picked up cheetos. He smiled at me as he put them in the cart. "She prefers spicy things instead of plain ones."

"I was picking them up for myself," Joo Hyun rolled his eyes.

Chance hummed, "I'm just telling you about her favourites, likes and all so you can become like the best friends ever. But that, however is impossible, you know? I was, am and will be her best male friend, best boyfriend and best husband."