Chapter 1

❝You can spend minutes, hours, days, weeks, or even months over-analyzing a situation; trying to put the pieces back together, justifying what could've, would've happened

You can spend minutes, hours, days, weeks, or even months over-analyzing a situation; trying to put the pieces back together, justifying what could've, would've happened...or you can just leave the pieces on the floor & move on.
-Tupac Shakur

♥︎

I wonder what the future holds for me. I wonder whether I'll fall in love young and we will die old together. I wonder whether I'll have children or not. I wonder if I'll have the life I dream of. Or is it a dream, just a dream.

I dreamed of the day I would get married. I thought my father would walk me down the aisle. But, that changed the day he was murdered. It took a lot to convince myself he was dead even though he was murdered right before my eyes.

So, now I know my father won't be able to walk me down the aisle and give me to the man I am to marry. I know my father won't be here when I start to have my children, his grandchildren.

I'm lucky my mom is here though. I have my younger brother and older brothers too. They are always here for me and I'm always there for them.

Even though my younger brother Beto is younger than me, he happens to be as protective over me as my two other brothers. It's quite annoying. Growing up, I thought since I was older than Beto, then that would mean I could go crazy protective over him as my brothers do to me.

Bruno and Bravo are twins and they are twenty-six. They work as empire owners, and I haven't seen them for four years. Since my father died. I am twenty-three now and Beto is nineteen.

Maybe I should come home more often and maybe I would see Bruno and Bravo and Beto and even my mother more often. But, the day my father died...I felt like everything I lived for was thrown away.

So after his funeral, I up and left. I still called and I didn't get demands from my family to return home. I knew they understood why I left. I was a lot closer to my father than any of my siblings. I had separation anxiety for the longest time. I would go to work with my father because I couldn't leave his side. 

"We are here ma'am." The cab driver said. "Thank you." I said as I handed him some money and a large tip. He smiled and nodded. I got out of the cab, going to the back to get my two suitcases. After that, I shut the trunk and started up the pathway to our somewhat big house out in the country.

I saw a familiar brown blur and I knew it was Rosco, my Great Dane. "Rosco!" I squeal and he jumps on me, knocking me down. I giggle as he attacks my face with kisses. I heard my mothers chuckles from the porch with my brothers as well. "I missed you too." I say as I gently push him off me. I got up and hug him. "My baby." I whisper to him as I gently pat his head and get up.