5

"Hey!" Someone tapped my shoulder as I walked into my class and the frown on my face eased into a smile when I saw Sasha's brother.

"This..." He pulled out a pen and scribbled something onto a piece of paper. "...is Sasha's number."

"She won't make it today, so she wants you to give her notes and...and- " he stood there for a few seconds trying to remember and I couldn't help but grin at that.

"Whatever it is, she'll tell you." he gave up with a sigh. " Have a good day, Evelyn." He mumbled with a smile.

"You too...um..." I tried hard to remember his name and failed.

What was it? Jack?

"Zack," he said over his shoulder with a hint of a smile.

"Right, Zack."

Not Jack. But close enough.

I looked at the piece of paper in my hand and shook my head with a smile. It's been a week and we forgot to exchange phone numbers.

And in the evening, when I did send her notes and stuff, she asked me the same.

Sasha: Idk how I forgot. That's the first thing I do when I get a friend
Sasha: that and Instagram username.
Sasha: Zack around there?

The last text got me looking around. The classes were over and every single person was rushing out.

No. But I'll try to look for him if you want, I sent her and started looking for a certain tall, lean guy with brown hair.

Sasha: That'd be awesome. Thank you
Sasha: The idiot isn't answering his phone.

And finally, I found him...standing chest to chest against Tyler.

Oh, great.

Cassy was watching them as well, from the opposite side.

"What's going on?"

"Oh, you know Will?" She asked me and I shrugged. "He's in one of my classes. A good guy. And Tyler was -"

"Bullying him."

She hummed, fiddling with her wristwatch. "That guy punched Will and it was my fault."

I was so focused on the first statement that it took me a second to realise she said it was her fault.

"What happened?"

"Tyler's friend and I had an argument in the girls' room." She mumbled, her eyes on a guy with black framed glasses, who sat calmly on a nearby stone bench.

"It turned real bad, a catfight if you will. She said something really bad about my family, I said something back and it resulted in a war of nails and hair pulling."

Wow. I didn't know Cassy had it in her. But I guess we all have some limit of patience.

"I shouldn't have walked with him, because she thought he was... someone important to me and started saying crap about him. And when I asked her to leave him alone, her guy friend punched him. Sasha's guy was walking by and Tyler called him to ask if he only defended pretty girls. And that's how that heated conversation started." She sighed. "I just hope Will doesn't hate me now. He got punched for no reason. Just because I thought we'll walk home together."

What was Tyler's point?

"I don't think he's mad at you." I told Cassy, hoping her guilt will subdue.

"He doesn't seem to care." I pointed at Will, who was closely examining his glasses instead of his nose.

"He's a very reserved guy. Talks to almost no one and I somehow coaxed him into a friendship only for it to end up this way." She said. But she went to him anyway.