15

By the time we reached their house, Theo was bouncing on the seat.

"This is so big." He whispered to me and I nodded with a smile.

And when Scarlett saw us come in, her face lit up.

"Finally, I get to see the heroes of Zack's stories!" She crouched down to hug them.

"What's your name?"

"Noel." He said with a huge smile.

"Aw, you're such a sweetheart. And you, little guy?"

"My name is Theo. I'm five years old and I'm big too,"

Oh, not this again. He's been referring to himself as a big boy since Noel said it.

"Well, okay then big boys, why don't you go and play with my little boy?" She chuckled.

"You have a little boy too?" Theo asked, beaming with excitement and she chuckled before calling Zack.

"Well, look who's here." Zack walked towards us, with a slight limp. And right as he opened his arms, those two went running.

Well, well, look at that. Turns out big boys can hug without being threatened or bribed.

"Hey, Evelyn." Zack smiled at me after their little bromance section.

"Hey, you good?" I asked eyeing his knee. Since he was wearing a full sleeve t-shirt, I couldn't get a look at the wound and bruises.

"Yeah, I'm fine." He said and Scarlett gave him a look.

"What happened to your lip?" Theo asked and both Sasha and Scarlett gave a disappointed sigh.

"Sasha did that." He mumbled and when she gasped and looked around to throw something, he chuckled. "I'm kidding. I tripped and fell."

Maybe wearing a full sleeve shirt was a well-thought idea.

"Let's go see your little boy," Theo tugged on Zack's pants and he looked at us confused.

Since Scarlett went to the kitchen, Sasha ruffled his hair, explaining she was speaking about Zack.

Theo gaped at Zack and frowned. "But he's big like me."

"True. So, what do you guys wanna do?" Zack wiggled his eyebrows at them and a second later, three of them disappeared into his room.

When I saw Scarlett in the kitchen, I offered her to help and just like last time, she refused. And as soon as she said it, Sasha dragged me to her room.

"Welcome to my cozy room," Sasha bowed dramatically

It was amazing. A huge bed covered with peach colour sheets, lilac curtains, framed photos, flowers...an aesthetic room at its best.

"We should facetime Sophie." She said and that's what we did.

We talked and laughed as Sophie rambled on about her new date until dinner was ready.

And when I told Scarlett I'd help her serve the dishes, she waved it off. "I'll let you help next time."

A minute later when the doorbell rang, I went to get the door since both of them were busy.

"Hello," A man in a suit frowned at me and then smiled.

Tall, brown hair, light brown eyes... definitely Zack's dad.

"Evelyn, right?" He asked with a captivating smile and I grinned.

While Sasha takes after her mother's features, Zack is a carbon copy of his dad.