46

Next day, classes were alright. Not so boring or entertaining as usual. But all I could think the whole time was how would I say it to mom.

"Home?" Sasha asked, starting the engine.

"Yeah."

"So you aren't going to work?"

"I don't know, I have this feeling that I'm fired." I sighed, thinking about it. Tyler is still a baby who runs to his dad, so I'm sure he'll describe everything to him and will get rid of me.

It's only Jake, Marissa and the good salary I'll miss.

"He was trying to do something to you today, wasn't he? I saw him waiting for a chance." She said.

Oh, let him. I don't care if he pours drink all over me again.

"Anyway I'll come back after my little project with Camy or you could come to my house." Her face brightened at the idea and she convinced me into saying a yes.

"So, I'll be back in a couple of hours." Sasha said, waving at me before she drove off.

I opened the door to find Theo and Noel both having a pillow fight. Since pillows meant no harm to anyone, I joined it too and at last, we ended up tickling Theo.

"I'm hungry!" He managed to say in between giggles and we finally gave up, just so we could grab a sandwich. And right when Theo started stuffing it into his mouth, we heard the doorbell.

"I'll get the door." I said to Noel when he struggled to swallow it fast. I frowned at the time though, it's been only half an hour and Sasha's back?

I opened the door, just to be surprised. There she is, our mother.

Wow, she'll be here within a day if it's about money, but won't take a look at her kids for weeks. I hate her priorities.

"Why don't you two go upstairs and finish it? And maybe play the video game after that." I called out to boys before letting her in and they nodded grabbing the sandwiches.

"Don't come down until I call you," I said to Noel and he nodded. Once they left, I opened the door completely for her and she looked at me,

"Hey,"

Hey? She wants to say hey after hitting my brothers?

"Get in," I said, eyeing her purse. And when she did, I looked at her bloodshot eyes, crossing my arms.

"You said you have cash with you." She stated. Directly to the point. Not even a 'how are you?'

"Well, yeah. I always have cash with me. I'm so damn rich." I said, biting back the tears and she narrowed her eyes.

"Are you playing with me?" She asked and I nodded, taking her purse which she placed on the table. "Wait, what are you doing? Give it back."

She raised her voice trying to reach out to me, but luckily I got the thing I've been searching for. I pulled out the key from her purse, her only access to this house.

"Why are you- hey, give me that!" She said, extending her palm as if I'm gonna place the keys in it.

"No, I won't. Listen, I don't want you to come home again. You can do whatever you want, but don't come home and hurt my brothers, okay?" I yelled at her and she frowned.

"What the hell are you talking about? I'm not hurting anyone. Just give me the damn key and money and I'll be out!"

She's still after that money, isn't she?

"No. I'm not gonna give you either of it. What's your problem mom?" I can see that she's not too drunk or fully sober either. So I guess she'll understand what I'm saying.