36

I was completely zoned out in math class. Again.

I thought about what Zack said at the movie and then sat still as I analysed it.

That shit is happening right now!

As he said, guy likes a girl, asks her out and she likes someone else!
The guy is Tyler, the girl is me and someone else is Zack!

Oh god! Why am I thinking about it right now?

Well, anyway Zack was right and I was wrong. It did create a distance between me and Tyler. Not that we were buddies or anything, but still...
We lost the tiny connection we had.

"Eve," someone tapped my shoulder and I tilted my head to see Cassy chuckling. "Aren't you coming? Let's go home. Bell rang."

I smiled at her nodding while I groaned inside.

I shouldn't be thinking about these things in a class like a freaking teenager!

Well, I am one. But I think taking care of an entire family made me a bit more mature. But, deep down, I'm still a teenager who's allowed to worry about stupid crushes and boys, aren't I?

Until my next birthday, I reminded myself and stood up, heading out.

I smiled at Sasha, waving at me as she stood beside her car. My gaze shifted to Zack, who was leaning onto the hood of their car, with crossed arms. A posture he's always in, a posture that I like a lot.

He smiled at me before letting me in.

"Coffee, Sash?" He asked stopping at the cafe and she grinned.

"Of course."

"Get out then." He said, earning a smack from her and we three got out.

"Mar, little git is her-" Jake stopped quickly as he saw I wasn't alone. "I meant hello." He gave them a tight smile, making me snort.

"This is Sasha and this is, well you know who it is." I said to both and they smiled.

"Oh, finally! So, this is Sasha." Jake nodded with a smile and stuck out his hands to shake.

"Yup, I thought you knew me. I've seen you a couple of times here." She said and he frowned immediately.

"You were here? I never saw you." He turned to me. "Or this brat didn't introduce you to me."

"Yeah, right. Brat. It's her brother standing next to her." I whispered, only for him to hear.

"I know that. It's not like I'm flirting." He nudged me and I winked at Marissa.

Jake happily took their orders, so I just sat there. And while Sasha went for table hunt, Zack stood back at the counter.

"Tonight is okay with you?" He asked and for a second I was confused. But then, realised that he was talking about Sasha's dress.

"Yeah."

"Cool. So we'll go after your work? I'll drop you tonight." He said glancing at Jake and I nodded.

"Okay, I'll tell Jake." I nodded and he smiled once again before joining Sasha.

I sat there, watching them chat and laugh over something. My smile went wider when Jake joined them and they both laughed at Sasha for some weird reason.

"Bye Eve, bye Jake." Sasha waved before getting out, "Bye Marissa,"

Marissa looked surprised. "She knows everyone." I said and she smiled.

Zack gave us a nod and smile. I guess it's because he'll be returning soon.

"I love your friends." Jake sang, resting his head on my shoulder and legs on Marissa's lap.