42

"Where's Tyler? It's been a couple of weeks since he came to talk." I took a sip of water, looking around. It's been a while since I saw him.

"I think he's not here. Heard about him going to Texas."

Oh, maybe he went to visit his grandparents or something. I was happy with that because I only had to avoid him for a week or so, before he just disappeared.

"Zack's driving with his friend, so I got you." She smirked, dangling the car keys and I smiled.

On the way, she talked a lot. A lot about Mark.

"Long-distance isn't a problem. But sometimes I wanna hug him tight and obviously that isn't possible until he's back from Paris." She pouted. "Why did he choose a college in Paris?"

I watched her with narrowed eyes. She never saw that as a problem before.

"What happened to you?"

"Nothing." She shrugged and then with a sigh, added. "Grace just kept on saying how her boyfriend cheated on her. He's in London. And she said it's not his fault because he's alone there and-"

Who the hell is Grace? How's that she knows everyone and I don't know a single person?

"Sasha, it's you who know Mark, not Grace. And not everyone is the same." I tried. "Maybe you should talk to him and find out."

"Yeah, sounds good." She nodded and then sighed. "God, I sound pathetic. I swear it's just because I didn't sleep last night."

"Why?"

"Netflix." She grinned sheepishly, making me sigh.
.
.
.

Now that I know Tyler's been in Texas for weeks, I understood why Mr Jones didn't come to observe our work.

"It's great that assholes are far away from us. I feel free." Jake sighed, grabbing my bag.

Since we didn't have to fear his arrival, we were pretty much having fun rather than work.

"You need a ride, Marissa?"

"No thanks, my husband is coming to get me." She flipped her hair with a smirk and Jake scoffed.

"You know he can't come every day, right? At last, it's me who you two got." He got in his car and beckoned me in.

"Bye!" I called out to a chuckling Marissa as I got in.

After a long drive, tolerating Jake's modesty and tease, I finally reached home and knocked on the door.

"It's Ivy!" I heard Theo's shout.

"It is Ivy." Zack confirmed before opening the door. "Welcome, Ivy."

I smiled at him, stepping in and saw them having their dinner.

"You want some?" Noel asked me, already grabbing a plate.

"No, I had mine. Went with Jake."

"Say my hi to Jakey." Theo said with a full mouth, sounding 'Hakey' more than Jakey.

"Sure. I'm gonna go-"

"Shower." They both said, smirking and I heard Zack's laugh.

"Do you repeat the same things every day? Or do you guys have some weird mind connection?" He asked and I ruffled Noel's hair before heading to my room.

"Latter one." I shouted before stepping into a cold shower.

And then, I thought about stuff I shouldn't be thinking.