32

"Hey princess," I heard his voice. And this time, I didn't even groan. I just turned around to look at him.

"Are you okay?" He asked, raising an eyebrow. "You weren't here for two days."

"I'm okay, thank you."

To be honest, I'm a bit surprised that he noticed my absence, now that I'm not his target anymore.

I was even more surprised when he took a seat next to me. Sasha would be here soon and she'll kill him for sitting there.

"Where's your hot friend?" He asked, taking my drink. And for a moment I thought he was going to dump it on me, but he casually took a sip from it.

"Right here." I heard her voice and turned back to see her standing behind me.

"Oh, there you are. Hello." He winked.

She glared at him, a bit confused and asked him to move.

"Sure, sure. See you later." He said, standing back.

"Wait, take that with you." She pointed to my drink, which he took from me but he just left, smirking.

"That was unusual." Sasha said as she sat with me.

"Yeah, that was."

"You know what is not unusual?" She asked, sighing.

"What?"

"Samantha asking us to help her for the next two free hours."

I groaned at the information. And that was what we did, too. Groan and sigh till the work was over. In short, the whole day was boring except for the drive to café with Zack.

 But that couldn't last long and the work was quite boring too, since Jake wasn't there. He ditched work to hang out with his brother, Jonah, who was back from a road trip. So, I pulled out my phone and called Sophie for a long talk and I ended up describing every single event that happened yesterday.

"Oh, Eve. I don't know what to say."

"That's rare." I chuckled and she scoffed.

"Well, I have actually. But this is so messed up!"

"Yeah, kind of."

"Where did we lost our lovely Shirley?"

"I don't know, Soph. I wish I could find her. But that hope is slowly fading." I sighed.

"I wish I was there to hug you. Why did I move in here?"

"Yeah, but look on the bright side! You got plenty of boys to swoon over."  She laughed at my words.

"True, let's focus on the good things."

"Exactly." I smiled.

That was my motto.

"So, the only thing I found good about yesterday, is the hug and how Zack admitted his plans on dating you."

"Yeah, he-" I stopped, analysing her words. "What?"

"The hug and his plans on dating you." She said casually.

"Where did the date thing came from?"

"Oh, he confessed his worry about brothers right?"

"What?" I asked again.

"Yeah, think about it. What does that mean? Why would we care about big brothers?" She waited for me to answer and when she didn't get any, answered herself with a sigh.

"Didn't he just admit that he's planning to date you?"

"Are you drunk?" I asked her because she sure does sound like one.