49

✨✨✨

I blinked twice before opening my eyes completely and sat up with a yawn. A smile made its way onto my face, just by looking at the snowy window.

Without wasting a second, I ran down to see Theo and Noel near our coffee table.

"It's the last day of this wonderful year!" I yelled and opened my arms for a hug.

"Happy Birthday!" They both shouted with a huge smile and I sighed, smiling.

"New year comes first, you know."

"Happy birthday, Ivy!" Theo gave me a big card and I smiled brightly at it.

Happy birthday, Ivy.
We love you so much.

Noel's messy handwriting showed up, followed by a picture of a cake and three figures standing near it. I guess it's us.

I love their handmade birthday cards. I've managed to collect all of them and keep it safe. To me, they're more valuable than some regular greeting cards.

"Thank you so much," I placed a kiss on their cheeks and asked them to open their new year presents. But they both shoved one into my arms and asked me to do first.

"Aw, these are gorgeous. Thank you," I smiled at them and Theo jumped onto me.

"The scarf is from Noel and this is from me!" He said, pointing to a white beanie.

"Did you like it?" Noel asked expectantly and I chuckled.

"Are you kidding me? I love it!" I couldn't stop smiling at them. They seemed so happy and that was the greatest present I could ever receive.

"Hey, wait. When did you buy these?" I asked, pointing to my brand new scarf and beanie. I don't remember taking them out.

"It's a secret." Theo whispered and Noel smacked him. "It's not."

"Is that so?" I asked with a smirk and knelt down to grab Theo's shoulder.

"We went with Maria and bought these. She gave us money." Noel said quickly and Theo shot a confused look at him.

"Thanks, my heroes. You didn't have to buy them, though. I'm in love with your cards and that's all what I want."

"Our card is your favourite?"

"Of course, it is." I smiled, ruffling his smooth hair and he smiled widely.

"Oh, we made you breakfast, too."

"You did?"

"Yes!" They both said, beaming.

Before having my birthday breakfast, made by my brothers, I made sure none of them had a burnt finger or anything. Noel sure knew how to cook a frozen waffle and to decorate it like a pro. But I wasn't sure about Theo, though. He could burn down the house and smile innocently.

"Are we going to Zack's home?" Noel asked, "His mom invited us."

"Yes, for dinner."

Since we had Thanksgiving dinner and Christmas with Maria every year, Scarlett made me promise we'll be there for new year celebrations.

"But don't tell them about my birthday, okay?" I looked at Theo, who in turn gave me a confused look.

I was a person who never said about birthdays to anyone. Dad always used to tease me about it. He said I was too good that I didn't want others to think my birthday was important.

"Why?" Theo asked and I shrugged.

"Because I'm a secret agent." I smirked, pinching his scrunched up nose and opened the door, expecting Maria.