47

After two weeks as said, we got our new job at a Chinese restaurant and a great boss, unlike Tyler's dad.

"I love this place," Jake sighed, playing with chopsticks, "I need to see your boyfriend's dad and thank him."

"Convey mine too," Marissa said, snatching those from him and placing it aside. "Behave. It's a new place."

"Why didn't we have these back in the cafe? It's so fun." He mumbled, searching for more and Marissa shook her head.

"Sometimes I'm afraid to be a mom. I mean, what if I give birth to something like this." She pointed at Jake, who scowled in return.

"You wish. Many are praying to get a son like me, so please."

I laughed at them both and grabbed my bag. "Now, will you please throw those into a dustbin and drop me home?"

"Yeah, sure. Coming. Bye Mar," he called out, following me and I heard her groan.

"I told you, stop calling me that!"

"God, that woman is so loud." Jake chuckled and turned to me. "Let's buy Chinese for dinner. I feel obligated to buy it since we're working here."

And we did. Since Jake was free and didn't have to leave early, he joined us for the dinner and the boys were very happy about it.

"Will you play with us?" Theo asked after dinner and Jake have him a nod.

"Of course, that's what I came for, not for the tasty dinner."

After hours of playing the video game, Jake left with a huge smile etched across his face.

"I needed this." He said before saying bye.

We got you, Jakey.

"Bye Jakey," they called out and he grinned again as he drove off.

"Had fun?" I asked, closing the door and Theo jumped onto the couch.

"Loads." Noel replied with a grin.

It was all good for the past two weeks, I could work without worrying about mom barging in, Theo almost forgot about mom's violent act.

Everything was fine.

I should've done this before, it'd have saved my boys from getting hurt. And somewhere between being happy and feeling regret, I felt my eyelids getting heavier and heavier.

.
.

"Ivy! Wake up!"

I woke up to Noel's voice and glanced at the phone to know that I slept in. And as usual, my lovely little brother made us breakfast.

"Oh, Noel. What would I do without you?" I said while having breakfast and he grinned proudly.

"I helped him." Theo's pout portrayed his jealousy and Noel laughed.

"He poured the milk, but onto the floor."

"No!" Theo gasped, looking at me.

"Yes!"

"No!"

"Yes!"

"But it was a mistake!" He pouted again and I couldn't control my laugh. He needs some serious training to win an argument.

"Okay, but who cleaned it?" I asked, raising my eyebrows and both of them looked away. "Oh, so none of you cleaned it? That's pretty good."

We wrestled a bit before I went to the kitchen and cleaned up the mess they made.

"Bye, Ivy." They both chimed in and I waved at them, heading to tutor some serious chemistry stuff.

Kate had an exam. So, it only took us an hour to clear it out.