27

"Why?"

Sasha frowned as Sophie announced that she was looking for a new roommate.

"Because this girl is so nosy and boring."

"Don't listen to Sophie. From what I've heard, she's a good student." I said, waving off Sophie's dramatic excuses.

"Good? You wish. It's like I'm living with a ghost. She's always buried inside scary science books. Just say something, how long has it been since our classes started?" Her overdramatic frustrated voice asked.

"A few months?"

"Few? Oh, I'll tell you. It's been four and a half months and you know what? Time stops moving the minute I come back after hanging out with my friends. It's the same every day, her head stuffed in some stupid book. No hello, no hi...just occasional 'lower your voice' and 'please don't disturb.'"

"Sophie! You're being a jerk." I murmured, closing my eyes. That poor girl is minding her own business and this devil is bitching about her.

"Oh, don't you dare. She is the jerk here. You know, she won't let me in if I'm late!"

"Late from?" I asked and she huffed even more.

"Hangouts, maybe parties. She's so annoying...Who's she, my mom?"

Sasha laughed, shaking her head and a grin overtook my frown.

"I'm pretty sure she's the one who tolerates you."

"You.are.my.friend. You're supposed to defend me, not her." Her growl greeted my ears and I shook my head.

"I'm here for you, Soph. I'll defend you." Sasha said, winking at me and I rolled my eyes once they started flattering each other.

"Well, we better hang up now before Samantha marches in with another assignment." Sasha sighed and I nodded in agreement.

"Yeah, right." I murmured with a sigh. Samantha did have a love for giving assignments. I hung up on an annoyed Sophie just as she walked into the class with a smile.

And just as we predicted, after two hours of continuous lectures on classic pieces of writing, she asked us to write a detailed note on assigned books.

"Pride and prejudice?" Sasha sighed with a groan and I gave her a nod.

"By Jane Austen?"

"Haven't heard about any other." I shrugged with a smile and she sighed again.

"I thought she'd give something easier, something I've read."

"Like what? Fairy tales?" I chuckled and she rolled her eyes.

Sasha wasn't exactly a reader. She'd rather spend time on her phone than reading and the only books that I knew she actually read, were the ones for assignments.

"At least I expected she'd give something that Zack would've read. And there she goes with romance."

Wasn't she aware of  'The rom-com guy'? I smiled at the thought and turned to her.

"Pride and prejudice can't be declared solely as romance. It's sort of satirical too, and I believe there's more depending on our perspective."

"But I'm not sure he has read it." She sighed, grabbing her bag. "I hope he has. It's a lot easier when he explains it to me."

So, when we found Zack by his car, ready to give us a ride, Sasha had a big smile plastered on her face.

"Hey! How was your day?" She chirped and he slowly narrowed his eyes with a frown.