13

"Don't you think you're a bit early?"

Great. Just great.

"Yes, I do." I mumbled, walking as fast as I can.

My head was messed up. Mom says a few words and I got derailed from my schedule. It took a long time to fall asleep yesterday and the morning wasn't great either. I called Janet and said I wouldn't be coming today. Instead, I thought peaceful silence in the library would do some magic to my mood.

And I get Tyler.

"Oh, someone's feisty."

"Please, let me have some peace." I said through gritted teeth as I took quick steps. But his long strides were enough to keep up with me.

"That rhymes." Even though I didn't look at him, I knew he was smirking. I don't know how, I just do.

"Seriously? Library?" He mumbled when I took a turn. "You don't know how to just live, do you?"

This time, I did look at his face and what I saw surprised me. A smile. Not the usual smug smirk, but a tiny smile.

He should ditch the smirking habit and start smiling more. Tyler with a smile on his face looks more human-ish and kind.

"What're you smiling at?" He quirked bus eyebrow, smirking this time.

Ah, there comes the smirk.

"I'm not smiling." I frowned and took a step forward only to see him go back.

Library: The non-Tyler area.

And why's he so nice nowadays?
The actual Tyler thing to do was dump a soda on me. Or say something that'll make me uncomfortable.

Something's definitely wrong. First mom, and now Tyler? What kind of alternate dimension is this?

And that bugged me the whole day. Not Tyler, but mom's teary eyes.

"You're grumpy today." Sasha said with a frown.

"I'm not... grumpy."

"As grumpy as your polite self can get, yes." She smiled."Anyways, I was thinking about taking Noel and Theo to park today."

"Are you busy today? Don't worry about it then, I'll leave them at Brandon's." I smiled, assuring her.

"Come on, Eve. You are my bestie now, If I had plans, I would've said it to your face. I just want to take them out."

Oh.

"I bet I'm gonna strangle her to death if she doesn't take her hands off him." The sharpness in her tone came out of the blue and I followed her gaze to find Zack.

Zack, who was sitting at another table with his friends here. A girl, sitting right next to him, was clinging onto his arm like Noel did when they watched the movie.

"Look at his face, that douche bag. He's not even aware of her physical flirting." She mumbled. "Or he's okay with it."

My eyes also found Tyler, who had his glare aimed at them.

"Is she Tyler's girlfriend?" I asked Sasha.

I knew nothing that happened here except Tyler and his pranks.

"Natalie? No! I mean not a girlfriend. She's not available for commitments and that's the point. I don't want someone fooling around with my brother."

"Well, Tyler's glaring at them."

"Girl, just look around. It's not only Tyler, most of the good-looking guys are glaring at them."

"You can stop glaring. Maybe Zack's okay with fooling around." I shrugged, even though I knew what she meant.