38

"Where's Sasha, Ivy?"

Theo asked, glancing at the door and I smiled, shaking my head.

"She has to go home first. And then she'll come to take you out."

"Oh, okay." He nodded, waiting for her to barge in.

I took some of my books out and started reading. I've got loads of classes to catch up.

"Are you studying, Ivy?" Theo asked, latching onto my arm and leaning in to take a look.

"Yeah, wanna help me?"

He just grinned sheepishly and Noel joined us. "Do you have an exam?"

"No,"

"Then why do-" he stopped himself on hearing a knock and jumped up to open it.

"Hey boys!" Sasha came in, followed by Zack.

Oh, was he going too?

"Hi!" they both chimed in and she wiggled her eyebrows at me.

"Ready boys?" Sasha asked, grabbing their hands and they said a bye to me.

I smiled as they stepped out, but turned quickly.

Zack was still sitting on my couch.

"I thought you were going with them." I said, slowly walking to him.

"Nah." He said, watching TV.

Okaaay! I sat at the other end, taking my note.

"Are you going to study?" He frowned.

Was he planning to watch a movie or something? I do remember saying my  plan was to watch TV.

"No." I dropped the book back and shook my head. "I was about to take them back into my room."

"Oh, okay." He nodded a few times, eyes on TV. I was searching for my phone when he cleared his throat.

"Hey," he said, turning to face me and I stopped moving to look at him. "Actually, I was thinking..."

I waited for him to finish the sentence, but he didn't. He closed his mouth after a few seconds and shook his head.

Shit. He's going to talk about that night, isn't he?

Probably he's going to say it's better we don't talk anymore.

I never thought that words from my favourite song would be a punch to the gut like this.

"I just..." He started again and I swallowed a lump in my throat. "It's just, can I get some water?"

I was happy to hear that. "Sure." I mumbled before rushing into kitchen.
I stood a few minutes there, for nothing, and then went back with a glass of water.

"Thanks," he muttered before gulping it down.

The person who always asked me to save thanks and sorry!

"I was thinking about saying something to you." He said placing the glass back on the table.

"Yeah?" I was fiddling with my fingers, waiting for him to say it.

"Well, I-" my phone started ringing, cutting him off and his jaw clenched as he closed his eyes with a sigh.

"I..." I trailed off, pointing to my phone and he nodded smiling.

"Go on, it's okay."

I nodded, rushing to get my phone, expecting it to be Maria, but was surprised when I saw Seth's name flashing across the screen.