7

Saturday came sooner. I kind of think that's because the assignment was hanging like a sword over our necks.

So, when the doorbell rang just as I came back from work, I knew who it was going to be.

"Hey there!" a cheerful Sasha stepped in and sat on the couch.

"Where are your brothers?"

"They're up." when she rolled her eyes and motioned me to call them, I smiled and did that.

"Noel! Someone's here."

"You are so rude. Someone?" She cocked her head and I started shaking my head.

"No, I was- "

"Jeez, just kidding." She chuckled, shaking her head just as Noel came down, running.

"Noel, this is Sasha. She's my friend."

"Hello, Noel." Sasha gave a bright glowing smile and shortly, a stumbling Theo arrived. "Hey to you too, handsome."

A bit of jealousy flashed across Noel's face.

"I'm Sasha, Evelyn's friend." she shook hands with both and handed over a packet to them.

Theo spent no time in ripping it open and giving out a huge smile.

"These are our f-aaaaa-vourite." Theo cooed.

"Ivy always buys these for us." Noel beamed and Theo, without waiting for anyone, started stuffing it into his mouth.

And Noel, my dear little Noel, thanked Sasha like the polite human he is.

"You didn't need to buy those." I told her and she waved it off.

"I promise, I'll always buy these whenever I'll come here. Just like ivy does." She mumbled, kneeling down to look at Theo.

"You are so nice." Theo squealed as Sasha pinched his cheeks, kissing him and I ruffled Noel's brown hair, beaming with pride.

"I had to impress your boys," She turned to me with a shrug and threw me the book  "Shall we start?"

Her initial enthusiasm didn't last much. After working on two or three sonnets, Sasha had a permanent frown attached to her face.

"Why do they need different perspectives of the same things?"

"I think no one knows what Shakespeare actually meant." I sighed with a shrug.

She smirked and grabbed the smoothie that I made for her. But before she could take a sip, her phone started ringing.

I could only hear words like "what?!", "you", "why?!" and "idiot" from her side and she was scowling the whole time.

"What happened?"

"That stupid came here and left in my car. And guess what? He's offering me a ride now. How kind of him! Douche bag." she muttered.

"It's okay, you can stay here as long as you want."

"But no more works, though. I'm done." She held her hands in the air and I shook my head.

"No way. Tired already? We can do a couple more."

"Not at all, I'm exhausted." She let out a dramatic sigh and I gave up, letting her walk into the kitchen.

We made lasagna and the boys loved it. I'm pretty sure both my brothers fell a little in love with my friend.

Then again, who wouldn't?

The idea of Maria meeting Sasha crossed my mind and I dialled her to make it happen. Unfortunately, it went to her voicemail.