18

It's no big deal. I can ask him if he's free on Sunday instead.

"So," Zack turned to me once his friend left. "Saturday..."

Uh. Of course, he heard it.

"Or if you're-"

"Sure." He nodded at the same time, cutting me off.

"Sure?" I asked and he shrugged with another nod.

"I've to work till evening." I reminded him.

"I very well know that." A smirk curved his lips as he watched me with amusement.

Looks like he forgot. Should I remind him?

"Only if you're free." I added, in case he remembers.

"I am."

"No parties or...works or... anything?"

"Nope." He frowned, the smile still intact on his face.

Okaayyy.

A hint of guilt formed in my mind. Should I remind him of his friend's birthday party?

Yes, I should. But I didn't want to.

Ugh. I'm being selfish, aren't I?

"Okay, then." I smiled.

Still didn't say it. Still feeling guilty.

"Perfect." He mumbled as he started to walk away. "I'll see you around then."

"Perfect." I muttered to myself with a slight grin, forgetting.

It's only later I realised that I didn't say anything about the plan. I didn't say it was the boys who wanted to go with him, I didn't say that it was just a matter of jealousy or that I was talking about going to the park.

I just asked if he was free and he said yes. Oh, how stupid I was to fixate on what his response would be. I could've listened to the classes with attention instead of creating the scenarios in my head.

What was I thinking? That he'd say no? So, what if he had said no? I could always ask him to go with me next weekend.

And it wasn't like he'd ghost me or push away my request like it didn't matter.

It was Zack after all. The guy who offered me help every single time. The one who helps me even if I don't ask. The guy who loves my brothers like they're the coolest kids in the world.

And the smile I had on my face didn't waver for a long time.

                             ▪️▪️▪️

To say time passed quickly, was an understatement. Because the next thing I know after I stepped into the cafe, Tyler was there.

For me. So that I could 'tutor' him.

How he managed to fool Ms Reed, I'll never know.

From the moment Tyler stepped in, I was slightly nervous. Only a tiny bit. Even the steady flow of customers couldn't take my mind off him.

I glanced at my watch, which showed 7:55 back at me. Five more minutes.

I averted my gaze to Tyler, who had settled at the corner table right as he walked in. That was an hour ago.

"Good luck, princess." Jake chuckled when he saw me looking desperately at Tyler. "I can't wait to see what happens."

"Ew, Jake." I groaned. "Don't start with the princess. It's as weird as you are."