33

"No."

I shook my head, opening the book and showed it to Kate.

"This is the actual product. The one you wrote is what we assume it to be. But this is an exceptional case."

"Oh, next one too?" She looked at me eagerly and I gave her a nod.

"Just try doing some of-" I cut myself off with widened eyes when I saw the time.

Oh, shit. I'm really late.

My legs were flying to get me in time and because of that, I was panting heavily by the time I stepped into the class and almost crashed into someone.

"Hey, morning." Cassy smiled, helping me stand straight.

"Morning. Why are you going out?" I frowned and she smiled.

"Mrs Banks have stuff to do, It's a free hour."

I sighed. Should I be happy that I wasn't technically late or sad that I just wasted my energy on running to catch up a non-existent class?

"Great." I muttered, walking into the cafeteria and made myself comfortable with a coffee.

"Ah, see who's alone." Tyler's voice echoed.

It surprised me that I actually smiled, hearing his voice.

But he wasn't alone. His awful friends were along with him and I could sense an insult on its way.

"Go on, I'll see you later." He muttered, making them leave and I sighed in relief. "Hey, what's up?"

"Nothing much." I said, sipping my coffee and he smiled.

"Are you ditching? Really? Miss goody two shoes?" He smirked, his eyes twinkling with amusement.

"No, it's a free hour." I don't know why I just cleared that.

"That's what I thought. Are you ever gonna come to one of the parties?" He raised his eyebrows, smirk still lightly playing on his perfect mouth.

"And let you dump alcohol on me? No thanks, I'm already done with soda."

"Oh come on, it was fun watching soda drip from your beautiful hair." He smirked, leaning back, looking attractive as usual.

Beautiful hair? What happened to him?

"It's not that fun for us." I turned away, facing the window.

"Okay, agreed. But hey, I stopped doing it, didn't I?"

That's true.

"And sorry though," he added and I was left completely surprised.

"But seriously, why not? It'd be fun. If work is the problem, I'll take you with me. We can probably give your shift to someone else." He shrugged.

Wow, I'm liking this. I wish Jake could hear it.

"Xander's having a party tonight. Come, it'll be fun."

I narrowed my eyes, looking at him. What's he planning?

"Hey, Tyler! Come on, man. We gotta go." I heard someone shouting from the other side and he turned towards them.

"Yeah, just a minute!" He sighed, "See, we need to talk. I've been trying to, like, for days. But you're always with that hottie or that dumbass."

I knew who he was referring to as a dumbass and I don't agree with him.

"So, I wanna talk. Not right now, but some time?" He asked and the next moment, walked away to join his friends.

I hate that he never waits for my answer. But something's definitely changing. This wasn't the Tyler in school.