Utakata x reader [The Beast Within]

Utakata is hardly mentioned. So I'm mentioning him!

Often you've come across the strange black haired male always dressed in a beautiful blue hakama, but you were too nervous to ask of his name. You knew his face, but didn't even know his background.

Every time you saw this man he was either in a tree blowing bubbles from a strange flute, or taking a nap on a river side. The thing about him that you never asked about the most were about his eyes.

They were hallow, like yours. You couldn't tell if he was alive...or a reanimated body. Then again. Neither could you tell the same about yourself.

[FLASHBACK]

You were sitting down beside your old friend Samui, talking to one another about the dangerous Shinobi world you lived in. "I swear... it's always blood shed, war, lives lost over stupid things. When will it end? I can't wait for peace to be bestowed upon us. Because after peace is here, I'm gonna give death a piece of my mind!" "Hehe." Samui turned and glared at you.

"Oi, what're you laughing at eh y/n?!" You smile lightly, looking back at the calm river before the two of you. "Oh. Nothing." Your peace was disturbed when an orange haired member of the Akatsuki jumped in out of no where and knocked you out cold. "Y/N!!"

Now here you were, in a peaceful place, searching for Samui but always coming across the black haired rogue.

"Stop." He told you. You turn to him with wide eyes. He actually spoke to you! "Yes?" The man stood from his spot under a giant tree and calmly walked your way. "I see you quite often, and you look at me like you've seen a ghost."

A blush came to your cheeks and you tried looking anywhere but at his face. "I-I'm sorry." The man chuckled lightly, "it's okay! I'm just curious, what's your name? You're quite new around here." You blush, rubbing your s/c arm.

"M-my name is y/n." He furrowed his brows and leaned in. "Aye... aren't you the owner of the 12 tails?" Your body felt numb all of a sudden, and you bit your bottom lip. "Yeah...got a problem with that?" He raises his hands in defeat. "O-oh! N-no. I don't actually!"

You both stand there just staring at each other, until the man sticks out his hand. "I'm Utakata. Former owner of the six tailed beast, Saiken." You smiled. "Nice to meet you Utakata. Do you know where I can find my friend? Her name is Samui."

"Hmmm. Come with me." Utakata leads the way, you walking behind. Ever so often you placed a hand on your belly where your seal was supposed to be. You felt empty, wondering why you couldn't speak with your beast friend.

Utakata came to a stop, seeing an old woman with light purple hair, sitting down on a whole lot of sand and fixing some puppets. "Lady Chiyo." The old woman looked up, but she seemed a bit younger than her age. "What boy?" Her voice sure was grouchy!

"We're looking for a friend of this girl here. Her name is..." Utakata looked to you for an answer. "Oh! S-Samui." Lady Chiyo cackled. "She's still alive!" Your eyes widen. "Excuse me? I-I don't understand."

"Are you deaf?" The woman asked. "I just said, she's alive. Why are you looking for someone that's in the other world? Stupid young people." Utakata places a hand on your mouth, smiling nervously at Chiyo as he dragged you away. "Sorry for bothering you!"

When you get far enough, you release his hand from your mouth, wiping the tears from your eyes in anger. "It doesn't make any sense! How can she say Samui is still alive?! Then what am I?! Dead!!" Utakata stood there in silence. You stared at him, laughing while more tears fell.

"I'm...dead..." "H-hey. It's not so bad-" "you're one to talk! You've been dead a while now I bet!" The man frowned looking down at his sandals. "I know it isn't easy, taking this in...but you are dead. And that's it." You sit down, taking a deep breath and processing everything you just heard.

"So that means.... my tailed beast has been taken away from me..." You tear up and lift your shirt up. The seal wasn't even there anymore. "Himi!!" "Don't cry y/n!" Utakata held you close, running a hand through your hair and looking down at you.

"They took her away. They took me away. I wasn't strong enough!" Utakata turns your face towards him, staring deeply into your e/c eyes. "No, don't think that of yourself ever! Yes they stole your life and the beast within, but that doesn't mean you weren't strong enough. You're strong just because you carried a burden that soon became part of who you are. You're strong because you didn't let your demons define your future. You're better than me anyway."

Without a word, you grabbed Utakata by his cheeks and pressed your lips against his. He kisses back, wrapping his arms around your waist pulling you closer. After you break away, you wipe your tears again. "I-I was wondering, w-where you went U-Utakata." The man smiled, "I was wondering when you were gonna remember me, my dear."

Though you didn't have Samui by your side, you at least found Utakata. Your life long friend, and soul mate.