Prologue - The President

Kamiya Megumi has always been a diligent and responsible student. She works hard at what she does. And she prides herself for it. That's why she ran for the student council president on her last term during her first year in Inarizaki High School. Now on her second year, she presides over the student body of her school. She absolutely likes the challenge.

"Here they are!"

"Oh my God!"

"Look at those twins, quite the eye candy, aren't they?"

She just sighed upon hearing this from her female schoolmates during their last period PE class. They are inside their school gymnasium and on the other side of the court, the school's famous volleyball team is practicing.

"Madam Pres", she heard her childhood friend, Hijikata Kayo, who was also a transferee, call her. As she was about turn, she saw a volleyball flying towards her friend's head. "Crap."

She ran towards her friend and used her hand to deflect the ball. "Owwww." She softly said, but internally she was screaming in pain. That was a strong spike.

"Apologize you idiot." She heard from her crush in the team. "kay", someone answered.

"Sumimasen ~" A tall guy with fox-like features was running towards their direction. "I spiked the ball just now, didn't mean it."

Crap it really hurts, and he doesn't really sound sorry. "It's okay. Next time, mind your surroundings first. You're not the only ones using this gym now, you know". Although she politely said that, her tone quite betrayed her.

She looked around the guys from the team and some of them were snickering.

"Ow jeez, I apologized already, didn't I?"

She looked away from the guy. "Kayo-chan, daijoubu?"

"I'm fine, Madam Pres."

"Stop calling me that."

"OKAY, YOU ARE DISMISSED! GO CHANGE NOW!" Their sensei shouted for the class to hear.

She now turned to the guy. "You really should be mindful of your actions. If anyone got hurt from that, I'll make sure you'll be disciplined." With that, she left with her friend in silence. "Hah, I won."

***

A/N: Hello! Thank you for reading! This is my first fic and I hope you'll continue reading this through the end. I'm actually planning to make this a slow-burn story with an articulate plot that gets better with every passing chapter. You might notice this if you keep reading. The first 10 chapters are too short, but the succeeding ones are more lengthy with more story to tell. Trust me, there's more to here than meets the eye. Please bear with me. I really appreciate if you vote for this. Thank you so much again :)