Twelve - Rules

Suna's POV

Rintaro can't believe that he said the things he said yesterday to Kamiya Megumi. The fuck? What was I thinking? To quickly recover from what he said about the two of them pretending to be in a relationship, he came up with a plan on-the-spot about luring the stalker and catching him after. He mentally praised himself for his quick-thinking but later realized what an idiotic idea that is.

He was genuinely concerned for her. And he truly despises the bastard that is behind all this. Perhaps that's what made him act the way he did. He thought that keeping her close to him was the best option that's why he had an idea of a fake relationship. All he knows right now is that the president is in danger and that he must protect her at all cost. Nevermind the agreement.

He was not in the mood to go to class but he knows he can't possibly skip it or else he might fail and not be able to make it to the coming training camp at Tokyo. So he went to class, ready to slack. Here goes nothing.

He spotted Kamiya Megumi right after he entered the classroom. What he didn't expect was that he would meet her eyes immediately upon entry. What's more, he never thought that the council president would head to his direction at the start of the day. Was she waiting for me?

"Suna Rintaro."

He gave her a deadpan before saying, "What's the president got for me?"

"Let's talk in the cafeteria at lunch. About your.....proposition." She faintly said.

"Sure."

Morning classes dragged on, and Suna can't hardly wait for lunch to come. Finally the bell rang and he waited at the door for the president so they can walk to the cafeteria together. She later walked to his direction along with their team manager. "Let's go."

--

"So, are we gonna talk about it?" Suna said after a long uncomfortable silence filled the table where the three of them were sitting. After putting down his chopsticks from finishing his bento faster than usual, he added, "or what?"

The president cleared her throat before answering, "I'm accepting your offer."

Did I just hear it correctly?

"But you mentioned you will not do it for free. So, what is your condition?" Their manager asked on behalf of her friend.

"I don't have much, so I hope the pay won't be so –"

"Chotto-matte," Suna cut her off from her speech. "I won't ask for any monetary payment, relax."

"So, what do you want?"

Suna thought about it for a while. "Three wishes."

"Three wishes? I'm not a djinn."

Suna laughed a little at that. "I know you're not, silly. Just three wishes of me that I can ask from you where you have no right to refuse, anytime, anywhere. Of course, it's all rational and would not overstep boundaries."

"Like what?"

"For example, now that you're my girlfriend, my first wish is that you should really bring me treats some times during practice. Like jelly sticks for snacks."

"Jelly sticks, like Chuupeet? What are you? A child?"

"They're my favourite snacks!"

"Woah, woah hold on." Kayo interjected in their conversation. "So now you guys are really into a relationship?"

"Yes." Suna replied.

"Pretend relationship, yes." Megumi stressed at the word pretend.

"How will you guys do it?"

"Oi Suna, how?"

"Just like what normal couples do, take you to class, walk with you, you cheer for me during my games, go on dates, maybe even hold hands in public so they'll know." Suna nonchalantly said. "We're not like announcing it, more like, we let people speculate and pretend as if we developed feelings for each other naturally. Until everyone figures out we're dating."

"You know for a lazy guy, you are quite devious and careful in planning." Megumi commented. "Gotta admit, I never thought that you'll come up with this."

Yeah, same here. All these thoughts are instant.

"Don't worry. We'll just drop the act when it's all over." He said.

"Until then," now Kayo is speaking, "We gotta establish rules for the two of you for countermeasures. Who knows, you might fall in love."

Megumi almost choked on her apple juice. Suna was smirking. "*cough* Of course not! *cough*"

"Yeah, go on. I'll leave that to the both of you."

The next few minutes were spent by the two girls coming up of what they so-called rules in this pretend relationship. Their club manager wrote it down on her notebook and shoved it to Suna's face for him to see.

RULES ON THIS PRETEND RELATIONSHIP: SUNA x KAMIYA

Suna chuckled at the heading.

1. No unnecessary interactions and touching. Physical contact is only limited to holding hands.

2. No one is allowed to be in another relationship during the course of this operation.

3. Each must support the other as if they are truly a couple.

4. The act is only limited to when people are watching. No pretentions when such is not needed. Each party is entitled to have his/her own space that the other must not breach.

5. No other persons should be informed of this secret pretend relationship.

6. Dates can only be agreed upon mutual consent.

7. Suna must do his best to protect Megumi and keep her away from harm/her stalker at all times.

8. Megumi must adhere to Suna's three wishes as previously agreed so long as it does not go overboard.

9. Neither party can keep secrets from one another with regards to this relationship.

10. Neither party can fall in love with the other. The pretend relationship will terminate once the objective of the agreement is achieved.

"No objections here. What do I do now?" He asked, although he had some unexplainable doubts about some of the rules. Chill, Rintaro. Can't fall in love? Like blocking feelings? Sure, can do that.

"Sign below." Their manager pointed at the bottom part of the paper. "You too, Megumi."

Seriously, Hijikata-san is taking this waaaay too seriously. He thought. Both of them finished signing the "contract".

"So, shall we begin dating now? Suna asked. Ahh, I might have sounded too excited, the hell.

"Dating? Oi, oi, who's dating who?" A tall blonde idiot trailed by a same-faced idiot suddenly arrived at their table. Ahh shit, Rule No. 5 is about to go down. The hell are these losers appearing out of nowhere. Suna internally sighed in exasperation. Kayo and Megumi looked at the twins in disbelief. The latter was even blushing. Daaaamn morons.