Seven - Managerial Duties

"Baby, I saw you with some guys in the cafeteria last time. I was so pissed and wanted to drag you away from them coz you're mine. Don't do that to me ever again if you don't want anything to happen. You're mine. You understand that?"

It was another note from the stalker. Was he referring to the guys from the volleyball team? Is he threatening to harm the members? Megumi was so anxious. She wanted to break down right there and then. She can't let this guy harm others. No way -

"President, are you alright?", the vice-president, Kouma Saito asked her.

"I-I'm fine, thank you." Megumi said as she tried to calm herself down and busied herself with some paperwork.

During the team's practice that day, Megumi was not able to accompany Kayo to the gym. The paperwork took a while to finish. After spending time in the council room, she finally decided to pay her friend a visit. She was finally accepted as manager and today is her first day. She sat on the bench as Kayo said:

"Hello, everyone. I'm Hijikata Kayo from Class 2-C. Yesterday, I got accepted as your new club manager. I'm pleased to meet you all. I hope we can achieve greater heights together."

Everyone from the team greeted her with a bow, "Yoroshikunegaishimasu!"

--

Kayo admits to herself that she really enjoys what she is doing. The team is fun to be with, and Kita-senpai is a really nice guy. She was glad that Megumi encouraged her to join the club. She noticed Megumi was pale earlier when she entered the gym. Something is wrong, she thought.

After a few minutes, Megumi now looked like her usual self. Though Kayo knew better. She decided to talk to her about it later. She looked at her friend now who was busy running around chasing some balls and noticed that it was Suna who was purposely spiking these balls at random directions. Her friend was looking pissed going towards her way to put the retrieved balls in the container and she just had to chuckle a little. "Why are you laughing?"

"Nothing. You look so cute, Megumi looking like that."

"Didn't know we had a ball girl." Suna was snickering as he went there to get a ball. "And it's the president, of all people." Now Megumi looked annoyed.

"Ne, ne Madam President, could you please get me some water?" The nerve of this guy!

Kayo hurried to get a water bottle container only to find out that all of those are empty.

"Suna-kun, I'll get you some. All bottles are empty." Kayo excused herself with 5 bottles in her hand to refill it from the water fountain outside. Megumi looked at Suna with annoyance and followed her friend, bringing 4 more bottles with her.

--

"I can't believe it! They treat you like a maid there!" Megumi is really annoyed. First, she regretted not changing into her PE uniform after running around like that. I should've known better than to keep wearing this school uniform while in the gym. Second, she saw Kayo there being too kind for the boys from the team, running errands that they could have done themselves. Kayo just laughed her off while she's refilling the fourth bottle.

"Please Megumi, don't be too hard on them. They were being nice to me."

"Yeah, tell that to Suna. Nice, my ass." Again, Kayo laughed.

"No one told you to pick up those balls haha. The boys are supposed to clean-up afterwards. What I did there was just watch and record honestly. This (referring to refilling the bottles) is the first manual labor work I am doing today."

"Then why didn't you tell -?

"Oh, you jumped out from your seat as I was about to tell you and started going after the balls. Suna was just probably messing with you."

"That jerk."

"Anyway, since you followed me here, can you just help me with these bottles? They must be thirsty. I'm going back now."

"Okay."

But before Kayo left, she said to Megumi, "Hey, you better tell me what's bothering you lately. Megumi, you don't look so good when you're hiding something. You have me, okay? I'm right here, don't forget that".

Megumi started washing the bottles and refill them. She was relieved to hear those from Kayo. She wad thinking of probably telling her when she felt a presence behind her and someone suddenly touched her shoulder, causing her to spill some of the contents of the bottle to her blouse.

"AHHHH!"

"Sorry, sorry, it's just me." And boy, was she glad when its the annoying face of Suna Rintaro who was suddenly beside her.

"D-Don't be creepy like that! I thought you we're someone else!" Megumi was now shaking and now fumbling around her blouse, trying to shake away the water, which unfortunately got her front very soaked. Suna was staring at her chest and that of course didn't escape her eyes.

"You perv!" She was now hitting him with the water bottle.

"Hey, now, stop it." He noticed she was shaking. He grabbed her wrists to stop her from hitting him. "I was just trying to help you carry these bottles back, jeez." He looked at her face which was red for both embarrassment and anger and was it, fear?? and looked away. Freeing his one hand from grasping at her wrist, he lifted the towel hanging on his shoulders and offered it to her. "There, cover yourself."

Megumi was silenced be the gesture. "I'll take these from here. You better change." Suna then turned his attention to refilling the bottles. Megumi just stood there for a few seconds when Suna got her out from her reverie, "You just gonna stand there?"

Megumi skirted off to the lockers.