Two - The Council's Gimmick

The next day, Megumi is still pissed because she discovered her right hand pinky finger is in pain. Probably a broken finger. How am I supposed to move comfortably with this?

To add more bad news, her "admirer" is back. She found a note from her locker earlier that said something creepy:

"Good day to my beloved president. You look hot yesterday. I wish I could touch you when I saw you. I'll make you really happy when I do. Please look for me, I'll be be watching your every move. Don't be a bad girl and try to be with someone or else I'll get mad. You can't help it that you're pretty, but please don't be horny. You're mine only. "

This stalker had been leaving messages in her locker since last year, always containing his love for her. Its seriously creeping her out but in one of notes from last year, she got a warning from the stalker after she tried to report the notes to the school admin. "I might take from you something that is reserved for me." Since then, she has always been wary of her surroundings. The letters keep on coming, creeping her out. But the stalker never made a move so she just ignored it, and never did anything that would make him mad. She can't get rid of him. Of course she is scared. Thank goodness she has Kayo now to walk with her home everyday.

"Madam Pres, are you okay?" Kayo asked her. They are about to announce something in the class, and as the president, she will preside the discussion.

"Kayo, I told you, stop calling me that. Why change the way you call me though? sounds like you're teasing. Anyway, I'm fine, my finger's just a little hurt"

"I'm sorry, it's my fault."

"Kamiya-san, I believe you want to say something to the class?" Oda-sensei called for her. She stood from her desk and went to the teacher's table, took a little bow and scanned her classroom. That guy. She only noticed just now that they were actually homeroom classmates after two weeks in school. Pisses me off. The guy was grinning on her way and it makes her uncomfortable from where she is standing. She cleared her throat.

"I am Kamiya Megumi, your student council president. Recently, the council had a meeting where we have agreed that in order to make Inarizaki High School the cream of the crop from Hyogo prefecture, we should help different organizations in our school to improve their performances. As you all know, we seek to continuously make ourselves better. And in any way we can, as long as our means allow us to do so, the student council will be willing to offer help the activities of our different clubs. Just send us a proposal and we will deliberate over it." She then continued to explain on the mechanics of this move by the student council.

As she was about to end her speech, she mentioned the news that she is sure will make everyone excited. She went to her table to pull a poster from under her desk and used her right hand to pry it open for everyone to see. She winced a little from her action. Of course, that didn't escape from the watchful eyes of Suna sitting at the back row.

"Cha-la! PE Sports Festival!" Seeing the confused look from her classmates, she continued. "As Inarizaki High is close to celebrating its 50th founding anniversary, the council also agreed to make all school-wide festivities during the school year more exciting and fun! For this term's PE fest, the club who will be declared as overall winner will be granted a bigger budget. They could also ask one favour from the council. Any favour is allowed as long as it is within the council's power. Also, all their members will be given unlimited food during lunch from the cafeteria, for a whole month!"

The room erupted into cheers.

"Wow, this year's student council is so cool!"

"Yeah, dude no kidding!"

"I'm glad you are all excited. I am looking forward to your clubs' participation. Thank you very much!"

--

The class ended in a breeze and as Megumi and Kayo were about to head for the cafeteria, Suna blocked their way out.

"Excuse us."

"No, I have something for you." He said while waving the folder from her eyes.

"Oh it's you!" Kayo exclaimed. "I'm sorry for the trouble I have caused you yesterday."

"Don't apologize, Kayo-chan. He was the one who was being careless yesterday."

"Suna Rintaro." He held out his hand for Kayo.

"H-Hijikata Kayo" She responded to his handshake, "and this is my friend, Kamiya Megumi."

"Nice to meet you, Hijikata-san, Kamiya-san."

"So what do you have for me?" she asked, eyeing the folder.

"Ah this. From our coach, he wants to give it to you."

"I see the volleyball team is as fast as ever." She said as she accepted the folder.

"He prepared it ahead. Even before your announcement earlier."

"OY SUNA, QUIT HOGGING ALL THE GIRLS FOR YOURSELF!!" Kayo flinched a little as a tall, blonde guy was approaching them, along with his twin.

"T-Twins?" She heard Kayo mutter under her breath while blushing.

"Idiots." She heard Suna murmur and she chuckled. "Yo, Osamu, Atsumu."

"Kamiya-chan! How's your hand?" Osamu asked her.

"Just a little sore pinky." She held out her bandaged pinky for the guy to see. At this point Kayo was staring at her in awe. "Kayo, you hungry? Let's head to the cafeteria now."

"Let's go there together, come on." And they headed for the cafeteria with Miya Atsumu's arm over Megumi's shoulders.