Twenty Four - Tell Me

The next Monday at school, a flabbergasted Fujiwara immediately looked for Megumi first thing in the morning and barged directly into her classroom to talk to her before class starts.

"Megumi-chan, is it true? Tell me, please!" there was a look of astonishment and denial on her face as she shook her for answers. Megumi had an inkling about what it is but she was not sure if her hunch is correct.

"Wh-what do you mean, Fujiwara?"

"Haven't you heard? Saito left." This time, it's her turn to be dumbfounded. She gasped because she had no idea about this news.

"The vice-principal called last night, saying that Saito decided to leave the school and move to another place! I mean, this is so sudden! Why would he do that? I checked for him in his class, he wasn't there! And why am I the only one who was informed of this? I also talked to Nakajima and Murasabe earlier but-but they had no idea about it as well! Even you, too?" She inched her face closer to her, desperately begging for her denial.

"I - I don't know a-about it...." Her voice was broken as she uttered these words.

"The vice-principal says he wants to talk to us about it later. He called for the council officers to visit his office after class hours. I hope this isn't true, Megumi. That-that Saito! I never thought he can pull off something this troublesome." Fujiwara looked sad too.

A few seats at the back, Suna was eyeing the two curiously. Given the secretary's audible voice, and the troubled look in their faces, he clearly knew the context of what they're talking about. When the president and he walked together to school earlier today, they talked about it in passing. A dark look of anger etched his face when he noticed the bruise on her wrist as he held her hand.

"Do you think that bastard will show his face around?" He asked her but she didn't respond. So he added, "Hah, I bet not. Given how much of a coward he is."

"At this point, I can no longer tell what will happen. But if - if he does show himself, I'd still like to talk to him. If only he'll apologize.... Maybe I can -"

"Tch. I won't allow you to do that." She felt his grip tighten.

"Rin."

"Look, let's not talk about him." He abruptly ended the conversation about Saito.

Yesterday, Kayo visited her in her apartment and she told her everything that happened the other day. She was an incoherent mess at the beginning but eventually, she spilled out more about it clearly. Kayo was surprised to hear that her stalker is someone whom she actually considered as a close friend. She was even more surprised that Megumi let him go. After all he's done.

However, knowing her friend, it was exactly the very thing that she'll do. Despite being labelled as someone who holds authority and serious in her life, Megumi is a really kind soul. She doesn't want to bear the conscience of being someone who destroyed someone else's future.

Megumi's mother returned home some hours later, and Megumi was thankful she no longer looked like a mess, or else her mother would've drilled her for answers on what happened to her. Thankfully, Kayo was still there when she arrived so her mother became very accommodating and did not notice anything that was off.

Kayo arrived a few minutes later and she joined the pair of Megumi and Fujiwara in their talk. She heard about Saito's leave in the school and the worries of Fujiwara about their friend. Morning classes were about to begin and Fujiwara finally left them and went to her class.

If she only knew what he's done. However, it's not her place to lecture the secretary about this.

When the bell for lunch rang, the three of them - Megumi, Suna and Kayo, headed to the cafeteria together. They were quite early so they found a free table for themselves. When Suna got up to get his food, Megumi held the sleeve of his blazer to tell him something.