Fourteen - No Chill

Megumi and Saito just finished their inspection in the basketball gym and are now on their way to the volleyball gym. There was nothing much to inspect.

"I think they have a practice match going on there. My friend is their team manager."

"Really? I heard our school's team is pretty strong."

"Yeah, they made it to nationals last year."

"Cool."

As they just opened the gym door, a volleyball came flying towards Megumi. Her reaction was quick and she was able to deflect the ball, avoiding a headshot. However, she used the same hand that was previously injured in their PE class. It hit her pinky once more.

"Ooooowwwwwwwww." Megumi just bit her lip, clutched her hand, and contorted her face in agony. That's all she can do to not tear up from the injury that recurred.

"SUMIMASEN!!" A cute guy was approaching them and had a visible look of worry and remorse from his face. "I'm sorry, I messed up the receive and the ball flew in your direction. Please accept my apology!" He was bowing aggressively and looking extremely distressed from messing up the receive. Megumi knew he was sincere and it was no one's fault. From the jersey he's wearing, she can tell he's from the visiting team.

"It's okay, I'm fine. Go back now and do your best out there." She forced herself to give him a sweet smile that she can muster to assure him she's fine. The guy looked up from his bow and stared at her.

"Meg! Are you okay?" Kayo immediately ran to her direction and inspected her hand. "Gosh it hit the pinky again. Come here, let me treat you." She led her to the team's bench to wrap her finger.

"Will she be okay? Hey Kaichou, can you bear it? Don't you need to go to the clinic?" Saito also worriedly asked.

"Owww I'm fine, it's nothing. Kayo, is it okay for me to sit here?" She looked at Kayo and Saito and then remembered something else. "Oh, and since they're still playing, let's just watch them for now and do the inspection after they clean up. I bet the others are still not done doing their inspections. Besides, the game is almost over."

They glanced at the scoreboard and saw that the game was in the third set, Inarizaki currently leading at 18 - 13.

--

"Himekawa!! Get your ass back here we're still playing!" A senior from the other team yelled.

"H-Hai!" The cute guy from earlier, apparently called Himekawa, ran back in the court.

Aran served from the other end. It was received by the libero of the other team but it was off, the ball, instead of going back to the setter, bounced toward the back row.

"Sorry, cover!"

"Get the last one!" Himekawa hustled after the ball and successfully dug it.

"Alright!" Someone from the back row spiked the ball and it landed with a thud on Inarizaki's side.

"YOSHAAAA!" The players from Tsubakihara were shouting for the point. "Himekawa, nice save!"

"That was insane! I mean, they launched that attack from there!" Megumi commented.

"Yeah, that was a cool play. That was a difficult area to spike from. But it was the excellent dig that made it possible." Kayo added like a commentator from TV.

"Himekawa, nice serve!"

Megumi looked at the server and met his eyes. He seems startled until the whistle sounded. He positioned himself close to the service line and did something unexpected. He tossed the ball in the air, and hit it with his fist from underneath. The ball made a huge, long arc towards the ceiling before it reached Akagi who was positioning himself for an underarm receive. However, he was off in position by a few inches and the ball landed beside his foot. It seems that it was not only her who was surprised by the kind of serve that was made. That's the kind of serves I do at PE! He serves like a girl?! Towards the ceiling?!

"HIMEKAWAAA!!!" Some of the guy's teammates were now tackling him. Score now reads 18 -15.

Himekawa did a similar serve the next play but this time, Akagi received the ball cleanly and returned it to Atsumu who tossed the ball to Suna, who then spiked it from the center. The spike, however, was received and as it was about to cross the net, Aran did a direct, scoring a point for Inarizaki. "YEAH!"

It was now Suna's turn to serve. Despite their team scoring the last point, the middle blocker was scowling. He unleashed a powerful serve that seems to have all the ire in the world. Oh, the sound it made.

"O-ut!" Himekawa sighed. He was the target of that serve and he was just lucky enough to dodge it and not get hit in the face. The ball was not touched and went obviously out of bounds.

"Oi Suna! This ain't baseball dude! Nobody asked for your homeruns!" Atsumu was spouting garbage again.

"Tch." Megumi looked at the middle blocker and saw a look of frustration from his face.

"Suna's got no chill."

"Something's been off with him since the first set, actually." Kayo replied.

The ball was served from the other side and was received by Aran. Atsumu got the pass and tossed to ball towards Ginjima who was already flying in the left. He spiked the ball but Tsubakihara's libero got it up, opening an opportunity for a quick, which was received by Osamu on the other end. Atsumu got the pass and yelled "Bendy fox!" That looks so clean.

There were no blockers and Suna spiked it towards Himekawa's direction. It hit the poor guy's shoulders before it flew towards the bleachers in the second floor. Apparently, Bendy fox is one of Atsumu's insults to him.

"Eeeeek! That must've hurt." Megumi made a face that sympathizes with Himekawa's pain. When she looked at Kayo, her friend was facepalming.

"You're right. Homeboy's got no chill. That's a point for us, though."

Tsubakihara called for a time-out. The players huddled in the bench to wipe their sweat and get a drink. Kayo was handing out their towels and asked Megumi to help her hand out the boys' water bottles.

"Slow down guys. Don't rush things. We are in the lead. Don't lose." Those were the only words of the coach.

Megumi handed out to Suna his water bottle. He took it without a word. Yeah, something's off about him. She debated whether or not to say something. Finally, she just muttered, "Oi Hunchboy, don't be lame out there."

Megumi could swear she heard Suna chuckle. "I'm Hunchboy now? Not Slouche-dude? Why, my name changed so quickly." A faint smile spread from his usual deadpan. He returned the bottle.

Kita was substituted for Ginjima and Himekawa was pulled out from the other side. The next play seemed a little smoother. Osamu scored a point. Suna rotated with Akagi and it was now Omimi's turn to serve. It was received by the other team and a quick attack was done. However, it was blocked by Aran. 22 - 16. Three more points and Inarizaki will take the cake. Tsubakihara scored in the next rally and now Suna's back at the front. The serve was cleanly received by Kita, who passed it to Osamu, who tossed it to his twin, earning another point for Inarizaki. 23 - 17. Atsumu scored a service ace and Inarizaki is now at match point.

"Holy - our team is good." Saito can't help but comment. "No wonder you're friends with them."

"Me? No - not really. Kayo's the manager and since we always walk home together, I kinda hang around the gym to wait for her, that's all. I'm just acquainted with few of them."

The serve was returned to Inarizaki and Osamu made the first touch. Atsumu followed and tossed the ball to Suna. Two blockers jumped to the direction of the toss. Ooof, he's gonna get stuffed. Megumi was surprised by what happened next. Suna adjusted his torso to the left at an extreme angle to manipulate the block and spiked the ball loudly. Inarizaki wins. HE CAN DO THAT?! SUGOIII!!