Fifteen - Jealous?

Both teams thanked each other for the game and then proceeded to clean the gym. Saito and Megumi got up from their seats to help and began their equipment and facility inspection. "Are you sure your hand's fine? I can do the inspection myself, no problem."

"Hmmm. Actually, yeah, you can start with the inspection of the stuff at the storage area. I'll take care of the things here on court. From my observation, nothing seems to be faulty with the equipments used earlier."

"Got it." And Saito went to the volleyball equipment storage area. She then started picking up some stray balls when someone approached her. She looked up and it was Himekawa.

"It's you! Himekawa right? I heard it from the game earlier." The guy actually blushed bashfully and she swears it's the one of the cutest things ever. Oh my, he's a precious bean!

"Um, yeah." Then he suddenly bowed. "I'm so sorry, again! Your hand must be hurting and it's my fault." You're absolutely adorable but please don't blame yourself it's not so serious.

"Stop apologising. Please don't feel bad about it, Himekawa-kun. It's not your fault. I'm fine, this isn't serious. There's no one who can receive perfectly all spikes thrown at him, so don't be too hard on yourself, okay? By the way, you were really amazing earlier. That underhand serve is wicked! Totally unexpected! But I'm sure you'll do better next time, right?"

"R-really?" His eyes were lighting up from the compliment she just gave him. Too much brightness right here, homie. Might get me blinded. Megumi smiled and gave him a nod. Their conversation was interrupted by a loud and exaggerated cough. When Megumi turned, there's the stupid fox Suna.

"You done talkin? I'm moping this area."

"Himekawa! Come here!"

"Senpai's calling me. Arigatou-gozaimasu eh –"

"Kamiya Megumi" She held out her uninjured left hand.

"I'm Himekawa Aoi. Arigatou-gozaimashita, Kamiya-san!" He shook her hand and bowed once more before departing. When he reached his senpai's side, the latter was telling him something that made his face red.

--

Okay, I've had enough. Suna dropped the mop he was holding into the floor and grabbed the president's elbow, practically dragging her outside of the gym. Of course this did not escape the watchful eyes of Kayo and the twins. "Okay, what's going on?" Osamu blurted out to Kayo.

"Beats me."

"This is interesting. Wanna spy?" Atsumu is up to no good as usual.

When the two of them reached the exit, Suna finally let go of Megumi and asked her, "What was that?"

"What do you mean 'that'?"

"You were getting chummy with that squirt from Tsubakihara."

Ooof. Megumi tried to hold her laughter but couldn't. "What's funny, shorty?" Suna asked.

"Jeez, Suna. Seriously? Are you jealous?"

Suna was obviously taken aback by the question. "No."

"Then why are you mad? Look, I was only trying to be nice to him. He wouldn't stop apologising, so I told him it's not his fault and that I'm fine. I can be genuinely nice to those who are genuinely nice to me, after all." The hell, why do I need to explain myself to this idiot.

Suna fell silent before asking, "How's your hand?"

"Fine. Kayo immobilized it using these bandages." She waved her injured hand at his face. "Seriously, it's just a pinky! I'm going back now."

An angry-looking Megumi came back inside the gymnasium and resumed her inspection. Moments later she was joined by her friend from the student council. They approached the coach and thanked them for allowing them to watch the game at the sideline and for granting them permission to do inspections of the volleyball gym facilities. They were about to leave together when Kayo asked her if she won't wait for them to finish so they can hangout later.

"Actually, the student council members are going out for lunch after our meeting. Maybe I'll text you? And meet you at school after? You're still having afternoon practice right?"

"Yeah, sure. Enjoy!" and then they headed for the clubroom.

--

The food from the new café is delicious. Nakajima announced that his family actually owns it and he's really glad that it's just across the school. They were having a merry conversation but Megumi's mind was somewhere else. Did I really just ask Suna if he was jealous? Was he? 

Then Megumi's eyes darted to the entrance of the café and saw the volleyball team come in. You've gotta be kidding me.

"Oh – its Megumi! I didn't know that you were talking about this place!" Kayo hurried over to her. Megumi took this as an opportunity to introduce her best friend to her council friends. "Everyone, this is my friend, Hijikata Kayo. She's the manager of our volleyball club"

"Yuroishikonegaishimasu!" Kayo exclaimed.

"This is Saito, our VP, you met him earlier. This is Fujiwara, our secretary, and Ino, her assistant. And that's Nakajima and Murasabe from audit and treasury." Megumi introduced each one of her council friends.

"Yuroishikonegaishimasu!" They said in unison.

"Oh, I'll head over to the others now. Will you come with us after, Megumi?"

"Yeah sure. We're done anyway." And with that, Kayo hurried over the the VBC members.

"Nee, nee Kaichou, so you know the pretty boys from the volleyball club?" Fujiwara asked thereafter. Ahh, here we go again.

"I'm acquainted with them, yes. The twins were in my class last year, and one of them is my current classmate."

"I heard they're good." Ino commented.

"Hell yeah! Murasabe and I watched their games last year! They are definitely one of the championship-favorites in the coming Inter-High tournament." Nakajima added.

"The setter, Miya Atsumu, I think, he's named the best high school setter in the entire nation. He might make it to the U-19 team if his performance will improve more this season. He's in monthly volleyball magazine!" Murasabe said.

"Really? Tell us more!" Fujiwara was frantic in her seat. I had no idea that the idiot's that good.

"When the president and I arrived at the volleyball gym earlier, they were having a practice match against one of the top teams in Kanagawa. They won." The volleyball conversation continued on.

"Kaichouuu, you better promise to introduce them to us someday!" Fujiwara was pouting and there is no way she'll turn down a pouting Fujiwara or else chaos will reign supreme.

"Yeah, soon, soon. I'll ask Kayo."

"I'd like to watch them play. I hope they'll be joining the PE festival." Ino said, to which both Murasabe and Nakajima replied, "Of course they are! They're a sports club!"

Meanwhile, few meters away, a certain dark-haired middle blocker is trying so hard to not pay attention to what's happening in the group three tables away from theirs. Unbeknownst to him, another pair of eyes is watching their group closely too.

*****

A/N: Next update, we'll be entering the PE fest event and more of this story's plot will be covered. Sorry for the slow-burn story. I'm really trying to pace this properly. Thanks for reading! No more spoilers :)