Twenty Five - Ooops

"Tell me, Megumi. Just what happened last Friday that both you and Suna were out of school?"

Megumi's eyes widened in shock after hearing those words from Osamu. For a while, she was stunned to even say anything, but then, she finally uttered, "What do you mean, Osamu?"

The grey-haired twin only eyed her curiously, obviously not buying her feigned ignorance. "I know yer hiding something. I know I have no business and I'm kinda overstepping boundaries here, but I feel like yer taking this all by yerself and ya know that's not good."

When she did not respond, he continued, "I got worried when I heard from Kayo-san that ya were in trouble last Friday, and I think it's connected somehow to what yer hiding from us. Does it have anything to do with Suna? Did he do something to you?"

"No, no....."

"How about last time when ye looked like ye ran a full marathon and then wailed at the gym? I don't believe yer lie when ya told me ya almost got run over by a vehicle. Does it connect to anything that's been bothering ye lately?"

"I – no..."

"So what happened then? How come Suna was with you?"

The questions are too fast she can bare keep up. Moreover, how could she answer all those with a straight face? It's almost impossible to lie with Osamu this close. She is so not prepared for this sudden confrontation. The glint in his eyes tells her that he is not one to be fooled with this time.

"Tell me, what are you and Suna? For real."

She gulped. "I can't tell you."

He put his hand on his head and sighed, a sign of his exasperation in the entire thing. "Why?"

"I – You'll know soon. But not now, sorry. I gotta go back." With that, she managed to successfully excuse herself from Osamu. She breathed a sigh of relief when she finally returned to her table.

She continued eating her food while Suna was stealing glances at her, wondering what could've happened for her to be looking this flustered just right after a short bathroom break. A minute later and Osamu rejoined them in their table, and immediately, the president started to act awkwardly with him around.

What the hell? Suna thought. The karaage didn't seem as delicious as it was from earlier.

When they were done, and the twins were leaving for their respective classes, Megumi pulled Suna to away, much to Kayo's astonishment.

"We're just gonna have a little talk. You can go ahead, we'll follow after." She told her.

When they rounded in a seemingly silent corner of a corridor, Megumi looked to the left and right just to make sure that indeed no one was around. Deciding that it's safe to start talking, she looked at Suna dead center in the eyes.

Wrong move. I shouldn't have looked in to his eyes. His hot, hot, eyes.

It's the same feeling she had when they were in the library

It's the same feeling she had when they were in the library. She got lost once more in those cold, olive eyes, like she's been put under a spell and she's in trance. She can see her own damned, flustered self from those damned, sexy, little orbs. Her mother's words rang again.

~ You know someone's really dear to you when you look them in the eyes and clearly see your own reflection at them ~

"Well, well, what's this? What's this? I am so not ready yet, Madam Pres." She must've looked stupid because of her sudden pause. Suna evilly smirked at her, amused at her actions.

"Sh-Shut up, idiot. We agreed to share secrets right?" She recovered from her blanking out, stiffened her skirt, scoffed and crossed her arms to regain her earlier determination.

His expression changed into a more serious look. "Yeah?"

"I think we're in trouble."

He frowned some more and asked, "Why?"

"I think Osamu's on our tails. He's asking questions about you and me."

Now his face looked deadly as he scrunched his eyebrows in annoyance. He knows he can't turn a blind eye on this one. Osamu is quite a perceptive person despite how he seems to be. The only good thing is that, he did not force Megumi to give him more information, and instead, settled to giving her the benefit of the doubt.

"Damn, that loser. What did he ask you?"

She then proceeded to tell him about the questions that Osamu asked when they were near the restroom. Suna was scowling the entire time.

"So, what shall we do?" She asked him after she finished her narration.

"Hmmmm......let him be." He placed his fingers on his chin as if he's in deep thought.

Obviously, this is not the kind of response she was expecting. How could they just do nothing? What if they're found out? This lazybones!

"I am not about to sit pretty in a corner while Osamu's barking these questions at me. How can you simply relax? My rep is at stake here?"

"What's so bad about it?" The tone of his voice shifted into a more less troubled one.

Of course, what's so bad about it? It's not like the stalker will come back when Osamu finds out the truth. "But Rin, it just doesn't feel right."

"So what? Look, Shorty, let him be. Nothing's gonna change anyway if he knows."

"So I should just tell him?"

"No. Just let him be."

She doesn't get it. This is bizarre, she thought.

"If you're worried about your rep, don't be. It's only a matter of time before I decide on my last request. Speaking of requests, I haven't gotten any Chuupets lately. Bring me some on Friday, kay? After our home game." He brought his face closer to hers.

Now this is a twisted turn of events. I thought he's mad that Osamu's asking questions? Why is he suddenly so carefree?

"That's for the third round, right?"

"Yeah, then we'll have the quarterfinals, the semis and the finals." He said nonchalantly and yawned, like he's bored of their team getting into the finals.

Meanwhile, he just doesn't wanna admit it, but Suna is really bothered by this latest twist. Osamu can't just keep his hands off her. Although it interests him too to see how he will react if he finds out the truth. If he ever will, he thought.

"Come on, let's go to class." He took her hand and they walked together back to class. But they stopped on their tracks when they retracted their steps back towards their classroom.

Osamu was there in the corner and he looked serious.

"Explain." He said.

**

A/N: Ahhhh sorry again for the late update. We're at 6k reads already! Thank you, minna! Please show a little love to my other fic too – it's about our Immovable Sachiro Hirugami from Kamomedai. Our seagulls need more love haha. Anyway, I just discovered a new hobby – it's coloring manga! I've done a few panels now but these ones from Furudate-sensei's latest illustration after the Haikyu x VLeague collab are my favourite! Look at that shookt expression of Fukuro when he saw Tora/Tommy hahaha. If you get the context of these images, we can really be awesome moots. I used ibis paint x on them, hope you like it.

*i deleted the pics coz somebody posted it as their own work. Why would you do this? *