the kid lived through that?

Sam's Pov:

I gasped loudly as this heavy pressure gathered in my head, i look at Emrys- or well Merlin i suppose, his eyes were painted with the fiery gold, he looked majestic; unlike anything i had ever hunted before. If i did not know better i would say he was an angel. Castiel has got to meet Merlin in the future.

The pain subsided as beautiful imagery played, much like a dream. There was years worth of memories here, once Merlin had pushed them into our heads he played them in chronological order. I saw him enter Camelot and go through the citadel just to see a sorcerer's execution under the King's orders. I saw him meet and fight with Arthur. He was correct, Arthur had appeared to be a bit of a jerk but Merlin's drawing was a spitting image of Arthur. I saw him save Arthur, i saw Kilgharrah- he was magnificent even if he only spoke in pointless riddles half of the time. I saw the father son relationship grow between Gaius and Merlin. It almost made me jealous i wish that John was like that with me and Dean, but at least we have Bobby.

I watched as the kingdom fell under Nimueh's curse just to be saved by Merlin.my heart ached as they would continuously disregard Merlin just because he was a manservant (well at least Uther did- did this guy have any morals?). i met Lancelot, Gwaine, Gwen, Elyan, Leon, Percival, Mordred, Morgana and many more.

I cried at times like after Freya's death and when seeing Merlin blame himself for every little thing that happened. I laughed at Arthur and Merlin's banter- their love for eachother whether that be platonic or romantic was so incredibly strong. Proper soulmates.

I felt pain and anger as i watched Merlin sob over his fathers body just to be told by Arthur that no man was worth his tears. But after seeing Arthur do every little thing possible to cheer Merlin up made it fizzle out into respect.

I watched the kingdom rise and fall. I saw deaths of evils and of innocents. I saw Arthur and Merlin and the knights of hunting trips. I saw betrayal and i saw trust. I saw dependence and i saw Mordred stab Arthur.I couldn't help but cry myself as Arthur died in his arms. He had truly lost his other half. But i believe with all my heart that Arthur will rise again and i have feeling that i am going to meet him. I remember how broken i became after Jessica's death, i can only help but notice that Merlin took his soul mates death much harder than i ever did. All this time spent without him, Merlin must be in so much pain. The poor kid, i know he is older than us but he still looks so young, deserved none of that. He deserves Arthur back.

Dean's Pov:

I thought mine and Sammy's lives were messed up but the kid's doesn't even compare. When Arthur died in Merlin's arms i cried, if that was me holding Cas, knowing that he wasn't to come back for 1000's of years, knowing that i had to live the rest of my life without him;i think i would die on the spot. I couldn't do that, i wouldn't do that. Arthur to Merlin is what Cas is to me. Soulmates. Anybody who wasn't blind could see that they loved each other, probably why Uther kept him as his son's manservant for so long.

Uther painfully reminded me of John. Arthur shouldn't have had to live with that man, prince or not. It was evident that they loved each other but Arthur had to live up to unnatural expectations and that's not good for anybody. You can see it deeply affected him, im just happy he got to meet Merlin and that he had Gaius as his father figure; Like i do with Bobby.

I felt pride when he defied his fathers rules, reminded me of my Sammy. Seeing the knights get knighted despite not being of royal blood made me feel like he had won the game at being a king. I see many parallels in myself; me and Arthur are more similar than i would care to admit. I hope that when he rises i will be there to meet him. And no i don't have a king complex so shut up.

There was one thing that confused me though, Sir Leon had drunk from the cup of life; surely he is immortal or something...i will ask Merlin or maybe Cas. Yeah Cas, i wouldn't want to get the kid's hopes up. After seeing all of that and hearing his words, i have grown rather fond of him and i feel the brotherly need to protect the scrawny baby. Even if he is eons older than me.