prat

(AN/ unsettlingly cringey?)

Merlin's POV:
He was here? He was really actually here?
Before i could even process it myself i had flipped him over so that now he lay upon the bed , straddling him. His eyes darkened a little at the action.

I was quick to lean down, kissing him. It was slow and soft , almost as though i was scared it wasnt real or that he would reject me. I could feel his hands all over me , exploring, before they finally rested . One on my hip , the other tangled in my hair , pulling me further into him. Guess he wasn't objecting. I had practically forgotten that we weren't alone, i'm sure they'll stop us if we go to far.

I gently lick his bottom lip, begging for entrance, wanting to taste him so bad (after all these years of waiting and fantasising) . He didnt oblige so i bit him instead, he gasped at the action- parting his lips and allowing my tongue to dart inside his mouth. I could feel his battle against me for dominance but he inevitably lost , i explore his mouth . Savouring every moment in there , trying to save the taste and feeling of his mouth. He was sweet , but i could also taste the salt of our tears that despite the situation, had failed to stop.

He moans subtly into my mouth as i suck upon his tongue, that breaks me. Instead of a similar sound i begin sobbing into his mouth. I pull away, a trail of spit following me as i did, before collapsing into his neck. I buried my head in the skin, the chainmail he wore digging slightly into my chin but i didn't mind. I wrapped my arms and legs around him so tight , narrowly missing his sword. I could still feel the burn of the others stares but i didn't mind.

As i continued to sob, i could feel Arthur begin to do the same. I could feel his neck slick with my tears and snot . Ah how lovely, so romantic, so attractive. I cried until i couldn't no more , and that was only when i exhausted myself of it and accidentally slipped into sleep. From the evened breathing beneath me , i think i could safely assume he did the same.

Im home again , after so many painful and lonely years, i'm back home.

Gwaine's POV:
I mean if that doesn't sum them up then i don't know what does. Slow and dumb to banter , to making out , to messily crying , to sleep. Not a more perfect description.

It was sickly sweet, the sight i mean. I've had to sit through years of thick sexual tension and i know that nothing ,apart from that one incident, ever happened. I know that Merlin never found anyone else, that he walked for thousands of years alone because Arthur was his soulmate and no randomer could come between that. Soppy git.

It felt kind of odd to be sat there watching them , but i wasnt the only one. Plus it's not like they're fucking , it's just a reunion; a rather intimate one. I could see Leon filming it off to the side of me, now i know Merlin's one for having everything documented but damn .

I watched as Merlin pulled back as he struggled to hold everything in. I get it, i do - years of repressed emotions finally coming back up top , it may take a little while for him to emotionally recover from this. Arthur was his anchor but at the end of the day, he was also the trigger.

I've never seen Merlin cry , not in real life. Seeing my best friend like that is disturbing, it feels wrong , like that isn't who Merlin is. It also feels like i'm intruding because no matter how emotional Merlin is , he's not one for sharing. This was new and for me? It was scary.

Arthur ,i don't think i've ever seen Arthur cry.
Seeing your King , who's meant to be strong , who's meant to be so many big things , seem so small and so weak is strange. It's into worse when that king just so happens to be family.

The stabbing pain i felt only ceased once they both tired themselves into sleep. Quiet , stuffy , snores filling the air. We all had stood silent as we watching the bittersweet connection. Gabriel had fucked off as soon as they slept, most likely to see his family -See if Castiel had yet awakened.

I felt myself grow weak at the legs and moved myself so that i was buried in Percival's arms , automatically feeling protected, safe, loved. Of course i feel that whenever i'm around my family but it's only increased when i'm in close proximity with him. I deeply inhaled his scent, allowing it to flood my system, soothing me even more.

We are all back. Our family is all back. We are alive. We are okay . We are all going to be okay.
I look to my side and i can see Gwen and Lancelot intertwined too. I feel a lone tear travel down my face at the sight. I feel almost drunk right now , so impossibly euphoric, on top of the world.

I tug on the bottom of Percy's shirt, silently indicating that i wanted him to sit down. He lowered himself to the floor , bringing me in his lap, his arms wrapped protectively around me - his face nuzzled in my hair.

I'm home. We are all home.

I watch as all the others join us on the floor. Lancelot being Gwens seat. Leon , Elyan and Mordred are leaning against eachother in a brotherly fashion.

Still we sit in silence, not being able to bring ourselves to talk. It's not awkward or painful though. it's comfortable and calming.
We sit , just absorbing eachothers presence as we await for either nightfall or for Merlin and Arthur to get their lazy arses up and running.
The deep but steady breathing, seemingly in time with the slowly ticking clock that rests on the wall, are the only things that could be heard.