idjits

Merlin's POV:
I stepped outside of the car and took in my surroundings , the warm air blowing in my face and ruffling my hair . Cars piled around, all in different conditions but all broken, the house wasn't anything grand but it also wasn't shabby .

Dean knocked on the door , speaking out as he did so , kindness filling his words - this man means a lot to him , i can tell.
"Bobby it's us don't shoot , we've brought a friend and i think you'd like to meet him."
i'm their friend ? that's nice , it's been a while.
The door opened hesitantly , beside it stood an older guy , his face warm and welcoming, yet something about him reminded me of Uther , probably the protective vibe he's giving off but i can't say for sure.

"Sam? Dean? Boys? This is a kid , he looks no older than 20 . i'm sorry son , you shouldn't be in this life . I'm Bobby Singer , pleasure to meet ya."
He held out his hand , i went to take it in for a handshake but as i did i noticed it was wet and he wore a ring , probably holy water and iron . It's smart, really smart actually. It's feels good knowing that they can protect themselves without magic .

"Nice to meet you sir , i like the holy water and iron ring check , but you need not worry as i am no monster. My name is Merlin and i must say , all the pleasure is mine."
I had heard of Bobby a few years back , he was nothing as i was expecting and it honestly exited me, i feel like i could belong again.
"Hey Idjits, where'd you find him? I like him , he has manners and respect for me unlike you two animals."

"yeah , yeah Bobby , you love us really." Dean replied , his face smirking in a really matter of a fact way , i admire his confidence - he reminds me of Arthur in more ways than i care to imagine; however he also reminds me of me when i first came to Camelot and that is dangerous . Naivety isn't survival .

Bobby's POV:
I had been anticipating the boys arrival all day , i didn't like when they were late . The idjits are like sons to me , i know that John tried but in all honesty they were wasted on him .

When i heard the door knock and Dean announce their friend i was suspicious, Dean doesn't work with others. As much as i trust my boys to look after themselves, i can't help but double check - it wouldn't be the first mistake they'd made . I splashed my hand with holy water and placed an iron ring upon my index finger .

Stood with them was a boy , a young one at that . He shouldn't be in this life , not that young . His face portrayed innocence, but his eyes held grief and guilt . He held himself strong yet he appeared to have the weight of the world on his shoulders . He doesn't look bad but there is something about him that bothers me , something i don't know .

He is polite though , i have to love it . Nobody in that generation is that polite , it's almost suspicious but he seems genuine . Plus he passed the tests so i'll give him and the boys the benefit of the doubt .

Sam's POV:
Watching Merlin take in every single detail of Bobby's house was sweet . It's as though he were inspecting it , perhaps he was - you can never be too careful . His eyes were wide and a small smile played at his lips , respectful yet intrigued.

He picked up a photo that lay on Bobby's cabinet. It was of me and Dean a few years ago , many more surround it .
"You look happy , you're really lucky to have each other ya know ? He would do anything for you and i know you'd do the same . I know your siblings and all but still , it's special. You have a strong connection and i can feel it . "
As he gently placed it back on the cabinet i pondered on his words . He was correct , i'm just surprised that his magic could sense it .

"Merlin ?"
He looks to face me , his face anticipating my next words , "Come sit with us in the living room , i'd like if we could properly introduce Bobby to you , he's like our father . You will really come to like him , just give him some time - he's a lot like Dean , takes a while to warm and open up."

"Oi you idgit i heard that , now hurry up. We have beer!"

Dean's POV:
I glanced at Sam and Merlin as they walked in to join us , Merlin was lagging behind a bit as though unsure of what his actions should be .
He stood in the corner of the room , standing tall and looking respectful, he was clearly awaiting instructions . I understand that he was the King's manservant and that he's used to this , but it's still an abnormal sight .
"Hey Kid ? Come sit down, " i patted the spot next to me  and held out a beverage for him to take.

He looked shocked and slightly anxious yet still took my offer , politely declining the beer , claiming that he wasn't too big of a drinker.
He sat stiffly , as though he didn't belong. It made me uncomfortable, i did the only thing i could think to do , to try and get him to loosen up and relax. In hindsight it probably wasn't the best approach to it , however it worked so that's a win .

I quickly outstretched my arms and began working at his sides , tickling him without mercy . His face screwed up and he was lightly hitting my hands away , his laughs filled Bobby's house and the atmosphere lightened up . He kept choking out stops but i wouldn't until i knew i had broken him into feeling like he isn't a stranger or intruding .
"aha okay okay i , i ahahah i give in Dean , Mercy have mercahaha . oh thank Kilgharrah , what was that for ? "
"you looked uncomfortable, it was supposed to make you feel better ."
"how is tickling me meant to make me feel better ? "
"it works with other people ..."
"well they're thick aren't they ?"
"it works on me too ."
"well there you go then."

Our faces had been deadpanned the entirety of that conversation but once finishing we both started to crack up , the reference matching Arthur's and his bickering . Once we had calmed , his voice broke out sounding small and pained.
"i miss him Dean."
I looked to my hands , not being able to see his face , he looked too young too childlike , his eyes big and brimming with tears , lips pouted.
"i'm sorry ."
it's all i could say, i didn't know the king or his friends and it felt wrong to speak as though i did . if someone did that to me i would flip .
"thank you..." his voice trailed off sounding lost .

I looked toward Bobby and Sammy who were situated on the sofa's placed next to us . Sam was frowning but he chuckled at our interaction , he seemed proud of me , proud of Merlin too . It's always been hard for me to open up , been hard for me to let anyone in . Merlin was beginning to feel like family , like our brother and i hated it . Everyone i love winds up hurt , dead or worse . Bobby's eyes were warm but he appeared solemn at Merlins words of loss .

We sat in silence for a minute before Bobby began to talk , his voice filling the void we were all feeling .