come on lads , wake the hell up

Gwen's POV:
"and so that's how Leon ended up covered in ale with my big toe in his ear,"
All the others exploded with laughter at the end of Gwaine's story. Leon was burning red with embarrassment and i shook my head at him in disbelief. Children, the lot of them.

I turn to Gabriel who had joined us a little earlier, he seemed out of place , disturbed even.
I place my hand upon his knee comfortingly.
"I can't shake the feeling that something is incredibly wrong but there's something keeping me here."
I widen my eyes but don't say anything, i cannot if i do not know the outcome of his situation.

"Oh go on Leon , you know you love that story."
Gwaine's cheerful voice breaks me out of my thoughts.
"As much as i love your m-"
His words are cut short as the handle attempts to turn. A sudden knocking is placed upon the door , it's hurried and drastic. Before i can find myself opening the door , Gabriel is already there.

The room goes silent. You could hear a pin drop. At the door stood Arthur , and the love of my life - Lancelot. But that isn't what made the room so quiet, not really but the boys being held in their arms.

Arthur rushes in , gesturing for us to move away from the beds. He gently lays Merlin down, arranging his body so he seemed comfortable and stable. Lancelot took Mordred to the opposite bed and mirrored Arthur's actions.

I wasted no time , the little i had learnt from Gaius becoming useful yet again. I grabbed a plastic bowl that was previously on the counter and filled it up with water from the bathroom tap. I grabbed the flannel that was captured upon a hook above the sink.

I moved to Merlin's side , Percival doing the same with Mordred - his childhood coming in handy. Gabriel was stood over him , two fingers to the sick boys forehead. The angel only wore a frown , which wasn't comforting at all - he moved to Mordred but only earned the same result.

"Hey Merlin , it's Gwen. You're a little under the weather right now , you're unconscious. I don't know if you or your magic can hear or feel me, or anyone for that matter. But if you can i need you to hold onto it and bring yourself back , okay?"

I moved his hair away from his face and dabbed the damp flannel upon his sweat covered forehead, a small attempt of passing the slight fever. He appeared to be internally fighting something. It reminded me painfully of when he drank from the poisoned chalice in order to save Arthur; knowing what i know now, i'm convinced he did die that day but being all Mr.Immortal , he just came back - either way i'm not complaining , at least he came back at all.
His hand was clasped tightly within Arthur's who seemed to be riddled with concern for him. Leon stood to the side , completely shell shocked at the fact that Arthur was there ; i understood, i felt the same but at least i had been with him in Avalon.

Percival's POV:
I towered over Mordred's small body , he seemed so weak , so innocent, so insanely vulnerable. I cursed myself for allowing this to have happened. Gabriel couldn't do anything, meaning Mordred's recovery was reliant on his magic and my healing skills.

I couldn't do much , not really. I had no herbs , no medicine , all i did have was water and words. Gwaine was close to my side , he had a hand on Mordred and was leaning towards his ear. I couldn't hear much but from the whispers i could gather that it was just stories, an attempt to calm both himself and Mordred. I gently pulled him away after having an idea.
I placed my hand on his chest, over his heart, another above his forehead.

"Mordred, feel the magic , i know i have none but human energy should work all the same. I know not if you are simply unconscious or if it's something bigger but you will come back to me."

I removed my hands, bringing them back to the edge of the bed, before glancing to Elyan who sat opposite. He seemed emotionless, paralysed in fear , in anticipation.

I hear a sudden gasp and i jolt myself back over to Mordred. He lay there , a hand on his chest , breathing heavily, his eyes were wide and a few lost tears escaped them.

"It's okay buddy , your okay now."
Mordred gazed up to Gwaine, and gently shook his head no. He attempted to get up , i tried to stop him but the determination in his eyes told me who was boss.

I followed him over to Merlin. He closed his eyes but still i could see some of the gold leak through - reflecting upon the tear tracks , making it seem he cried tears of gold. I would say he was making a telepathic leak to bring Merlin through the darkness but his eyes have never gone gold whilst talking before . Perhaps the link needed to be deeper, stronger, it explains the need of a push of magic.

He opened his mouth slightly , a single but powerful word booming out. It sent shivers down my spine.
"Emrys."
Merlin's eyes opened impossibly fast, but they weren't his usual ocean blue but a fiery pendragon gold - it was beautiful.
Just like Mordred he lay there panting and clutching himself.
I looked to Arthur who was relieved to say the least.

Arthur's POV:
I watched on as Merlin's eyes faded back to blue , the gold swirling like a whirlpool until it were no more. As his eyes returned so did his breath, he lay there calm and still- a small smile now inhabiting his face.

I grasped his hand again , despite the blinding smile i wore , i was struggling to contain the sobs. Whether those be from pure happiness or from the fear of losing him i don't not know, perhaps a lovely mix of both.

He looks so beautiful, so gorgeous. He was still pale , his face still chiselled and deeply defined. His hair overgrown but perfectly contrasting and framing his porcelain face. I could almost feel it call out to me , i just wanted to tangle my fingers within in , get lost in the waves. His lips were the perfect shade of pink and unnaturally plump , very kissable , very intoxicating. All i wanted was to set my own deep within them.

His eyelashes were long , pretty , defining his eyes - i don't think he'd seen me yet or even registered that the hand he held in his own was mine. His hands were something else , once you hold onto them you never want to let go.
I scan the rest of his body , it's still the same perhaps a little more toned - still a skinny little idiot , but my skinny little idiot.

I let myself collapse only his stomach, my face buried in the material of his shirt . He jumped a little bit at the contact but i felt his hand travel up to rest upon my head. I felt his body move as he did what i can only assume as crane his head to look at who lay upon him. He stopped breathing for a second.

"Ar-, Arthur?"
He slowly stuttered out, i could feel everyone's eyes on us.
"Hello Merlin."
"Arthur."
"Still me you clotpole."
"That's my word prat."
"and i'm the King."