Moose, Squirrel

Merlin's POV:
We don't get anything more out of Sam but i think that what we heard was more than enough. Gabriel checked out and went to go see how the room is doing , he'll be gone a little while. I don't blame him, seeing Sam like this isn't easy.

Now we just need to figure out whether Lucifer is really there , whether Sam's gone bonkers or whether someone put these images here - someone like Morgana or even like the Witchfinder.

I crouch down and pull the covers so the bottom of the bed is exposed. They don't exactly have legs so i doubt that a mandrake root can be fitted there , i shine light just to double check anyway. I doubt it's actually her at all, i would be able to feel her magic as would Mordred . But it's silent , suspiciously silent.

"Hello boys."
I jump out of my skin , bashing my head against the bed. So much for my magic warning system.
"Oh is Feathers down?"
He places the back of his hand against Castiels head.
"For the count."
He replies to himself , brushing his hands clean as he did.

He walks around the room , his hands in his pockets. I've never really notice how short he was before , even Gabriel seems taller. Now that's something and a half.

"Moose , Squirrel, Puppy who's this little fellow?"
Mordred sticks his hands out to introduce himself but Crowley just looks down on it.
"I am Sir Mordred , Knight of Camelot, and yourself sir?"
Crowley slowly shakes the outstretched hand.
"I'm Crowley and i'm the King of Hell."
Mordred detaches himself quickly and comes to my side, yearning for protection.

"Ah don't worry Poodle , i'm not a bad guy, not really. I'm Squirrels best friend, aren't I Dean?"
Dean just grunts in response not really confirming nor denying. I personally quite like Crowley , he's a bad guy that just wants to belong. He's a bad guy that wants to be good . I'd say i was his friend in some sorts. I place a hand upon Mordred's shoulder, offering comfort.

"Don't worry Mords, if Dean wanted him to be dead he would be. Long time no see Crowley, what ever happens to be the matter at such a fine hour."

Crowley looks at me with a hidden smirk, he snaps his fingers and a small bundle of paper falls to his hands . Perks of being a cool ass demon i suppose. He slaps it across the table and clicks his fingers again, Sam falls unconscious and i quickly save him from falling with my magic. I glare at Crowley.

"What? It had to be done."
He beckons us over , his eyes casted downwards towards the paper.
"Well obviously i know of your little knighty friends rising Puppy however , they are not the problem, they are our saviour. The problem is Moose."
We all turn to Sammy, who's sound asleep and looking the most peaceful he has in a while.

Deans speaks up , his voice gruff and full of concern.
"He keeps speaking about Lucifer , he keeps speaking to Lucifer."
Crowley hands Dean a page, upon it is a drawing of Sam but half of him looks like Nick.
"Hey! What the hell is this supposed to mean?"
Crowleys face darkens and he looks dramatically towards Sam.
"Lucifers back."

As if on cue , Sam starts to come back to reality but it doesn't look like Sam ...not really. He physically looks like Sam but there's something within it that's so disturbingly different. A new coldness, a new darkness . It isn't Lucifer , no he feels different but it also isn't exactly Sam.

"Emrys. His energy, my magic is telling me to run."
I hold onto his arm, silently telling him to remain in place.
"Crowley can you put him back down?"
I can hear repeated clicking but Sam still stands before us. He brings his hand to his neck , using it to click it back into position.
A sick , twisted smile paints his face . The eyes are not crazy anymore , they're murderous - desperate for what i believe to be revenge.

I push my own hand out towards him in defence.
"Sam snap out of it, i don't want to hurt you mate."
He opens his mouth and a sea of black gloop falls from his mouth. He's choking it up , vomiting it out but he seems to be in no distress. The black liquid appears to solidify and take form , it's like the empty.

It leaks from his ears and nose and he's crying tears of black, tears of pain , tears of death. I use my magic to force Dean behind me and use it further to gently drag a bag of weapons towards us , hoping not to bring attention to it.

Dean crouches down , still hidden by myself and he quietly selects a few weapons . He slides a dagger into my belt loop and a sword into Mordred's. Mordred is an excellent swordsman and he's an even better druid, the two mixed together is powerful beyond imagination. Over time i have gotten better , i'm highly skilled but still magic is my best hope.

The last of the unknown substance expelled itself out of Sam's body. The box it had previously formed begins to morph into a human shape. There are no prominent features , just a text book human. No genitalia, no facial features . The only distinct part of him are the eyes.

The eyes that burn ruby red, the eyes that were a portal into hell itself , the eyes that are pools of blood. The eyes i have come to know as Lucifers. I guess we got our answers, Sam wasn't possessed exactly but Luci was riding backseat in his brain ; it's what caused the visions, it's what caused the uncharacteristic behaviour - it's what made Sam , not exactly Sam.

But when did it happen? I force myself into my memories and try to find a gap , a gap where Lucifer would be able to sneak in. I come across something , however it's not my memory- it's my magics. It had been forcefully blocked from me and not of its own accord. We were in the bunker , must've been a couple days before we left for England, we were all asleep. All asleep apart from Sam. He was sat in the library, surrounded by books and energy drinks . He sighed and ran his hands through his hair before making his way to the door and stepping outside. Something knocks him out , something unknown, but a shadow falls upon him - seeking into the dark crevices that inhabit his body. When he awakens he still looks like Sam , must be slow acting . It's clever, really clever. Lucifer has always been a bit of a genius after all - to be able to escape the empty and hide within your vessel without being detected by anyone or anything , it's crazy , it's near impossible ; one in a billion chance. Incredible.

I push myself back into the current moment , not a second had passed. Crowley removed an angel blade from his jacket, Mordred pulling his sword and Dean his gun.

I feel the magic flow through me violently, throwing a deathly blow at the figure. He reflects it and pushes it towards me. I slow time down , giving me enough to push the others out of the way before taking the blow myself. It knocks me out of the way and against the wall, i'm done for .

I summon my last bit of energy and use it for a protection spell against the others, hoping that it's enough to shield them from his attacks . They won't survive it if they fight , they need to hide. I fight to stay awake but the darkness is stronger , pulling me into its stone cold embrace. Normally it would be peaceful but i don't know what's happening back up top, i can't help and i don't know how much time has passed. I don't know if they're dead , heck i don't know if i'm dead.

I do know one thing though.
The knights rised before Arthur, which means that this is what Arthur was needed for - it also means that the knights were meant to help fight this. But Arthur's not here and the knights are doing god knows what, and Gabriel? He just fucked off somewhere- or perhaps he didn't know of what was occurring.

Arthur help me.
Find me.
Help us.

*****************
AN/ I know where i want this go and i know how i wanted this to turn out but i dislike how i've portrayed it all . I feel like it's kind of choppy but there was a whole point to the story line.

I'm watching Doctor Who for the first time in my life right now . Don't know why it's taken me so long to do so.

I've got my gcse's soon and i need to revise but like that's boring and i have no motivation to do anything's