Prologue: Wake UP

A/N

WARNING MATURE CONTENT 18+ Recommended
May include Explicit Language, Mental and Physical Abuse, and Sexually Explicit Descriptions. Read at your own RISK.

This is my first story that I am posting. Constructive criticism is always welcome, please do not shame or bash my story. If you DO NOT like it or it's Mature Content then please do not read it. I am doing this for fun, I have always enjoyed writing, so please do not ruin my good time.

I will NOT warn you when Mature Content is coming. I want you to be as taken by surprise as my characters are in the moment.

Finally, please do not steal my story. I would love for my story to inspire others to read or write just as this app has done for me.

Prologue: Wake Up (Izzy's POV)

I woke up to the sound of banging on my bedroom door. As I opened my eyes, it was still dark outside my window and my father was screaming muffled angry words that I can't quite understand. The door burst open as I heard my father say, "What the fuck are you still doing in bed?"

I looked at him, questionably, as the sun hasn't even risen yet. My first mistake. I was dragged out of bed by my hair, and thrown against the wall next to my window. Part of the window sill bites into my already bruised side and I hissed in pain, my second mistake.

"Don't hiss at me you ungrateful bitch. This is all your fault. You have work to do before the claiming, and here you are having a lie-in while you should be cleaning." My father yelled while pushing me into the wall again.

This time my head bounced off the wall and I lost track of what he was saying for the moment. When I was able to refocus I heard him say "Get to work."

I responded with a "Yes sir." Making my way downstairs not even bothering to change or shower because I would be dirty and have to change anyway. I was in sleep pants and a tank top, so it was as good as anything to clean in.

I got to work, wishing I was still in bed. I was having the most wonderful dream before I was woken up so rudely. I'm unfortunately used to it. This is an everyday experience, being beaten. With the Claiming happening tonight, he has kept my bruises to places most won't see.

My name is Izzabella Nicolette Davis, but you can call me Izzy, everyone else does. I'm a werewolf, I first shifted when I turned 16, and today I turned 18. Today is the first day I can find my mate. Today is also the day of the Annual Claiming Ceremony for all unmated she-wolves in our pack. The Claiming is where all unmated she-wolves go out into the woods and hopefully, our mates find us. Male wolves from multiple packs come out in hope of finding what is theirs'. You can't attend the claiming until you turn 18, so this will be the first time I will be attending. It is mandatory that I go, per Pack Law.

My father says that no one will want to claim me. That when I return, he will sell me to a friend of his, that lost his mate ten years ago. Father says he will enjoy the money, and be happy to no longer have to "take care of me."

My mother, my father's mate, died giving birth to me and my twin brother. I was the only one to make it, and he has hated me ever since. He takes his anger out on me every day, blaming me for them not being here. You may feel bad for him, for losing his mate, his other half. But from my understanding, he was always an abusive dick, even to her. Or so the other Pack members tell. So it may have been a blessing to her, to have died as she did.

I personally do not wish for death. A way out, yes. A quiet life, for sure. Do I think it's possible that my mate will come along and make everything sunshine, rainbows and unicorns, no. I just hope to be treated better then I am now.