6: On Hold

Chapter 6: On Hold (Devon's POV)

After taking the day off I woke up the next morning ready to get back to work. I told the girls that I had a new fetish to fulfill and to tell the rest of the sluts that hung around. This wasn't anything new. I told them that from now on only blondes entered my room. The lighter the blonde the better. They nodded in understanding and I dismissed them from my house. I ordered for more to return tonight, specifying that they are blonde.

I got another shower this time alone. I ran out every fantasy I could think of with my Izza. I had my cock in my hand and moaned her name knowing no one could hear me in my soundproof room. This would be my secret, my want for my mate. I still didn't want the other things that came with having a mate. The need for her was driving me insane though. I just want to feel her. That was impossible though. Even if I wanted her as my mate, I had left her torn, raw, and pained. If she didn't hate me she was in no shape to be in my bed.

Before I headed out to the Packhouse I decided to pass by Izza's room just to make sure Kelly was following her new orders. I had spoken with Jax the night before and he was going to make sure she knew what to do. Jax mind-linked me, as I was getting dressed that Kelly was making Izza's breakfast.

Her room was three floors down from mine on the opposite side of the house. It was my bedroom before my parents passed and since then it has just been a random guest room. I reach the bedroom just as Kelly had closed the door behind her. I sunk back into the shadows so I could listen to their exchange.

"So you're the prisoner of war?" Kelly asked. I almost gave myself away from laughing. Wait Jax didn't tell her that Izza is my mate. He deserves a raise as my Beta for lying to his mate for me.

"Ummm... Huh?" Izza replied sounding confused. Her voice sounds angelic. It makes my chest tighten. I am right to keep my distance. I will do nothing more than hurt her by letting her close to me.

"I was told to come here to take care of the prisoner. That I was to make sure you were feed and watered at least twice a day and to make sure you had the necessities to not die. Seems like they gave you a nice enough room though. It's bigger than mine and Jax's room, and it has a bigger TV. Just so you know, I really can't cook, so I made your fried eggs, fried spam, and toast with a slice of tomatoes. I hate tomatoes, but I figured I should give you a veggie. There is a bottle of water and a carton of juice. You can eat it or starve. I did what I was told. It looks like you have everything that you need here. So I will be back at about six tonight to bring you the same thing for dinner." Kelly rambled out quickly. I heard her set down the plate and turn towards the door.

I was not happy with some of the things she said like "necessities to not die" why would she put Izza and dying in the same sentence. This did not make Dex happy and I didn't like it either. Not to mention her comments about the room that she gets to live in only because of Jax. Ungrateful bitch.

I heard my mate laugh. It was a beautiful sound until I heard it be followed by a light whimper. She's still hurting from what we did to her and it smarted her just to laugh. I sighed. I am an asshole. No, we are assholes Dex. Dex just hides in the shadows at the back of my mind.

"What is wrong with you?" Kelly snapped at Izza as she stopped from exiting the room. The door was open now and I could smell my mate from here. I unintentionally took a few steps closer. A few deep breaths and dizzy almost drunk on her. I need to walk away but I can't.

"Oh, so I get to speak now. And as for what is wrong with me, let's just say I had a very long and bad night. I hurt, it just took me about two hours to take a shower, and put on a t-shirt. And what made me laugh out loud, is your Alpha's sense of humor. I guess in a way though, I am a prisoner of war, but just more of a personal war. Oh, and I love tomatoes so thank you for thinking I might need something not fried to eat." Izza calmly responded back. I held my breath hoping to hear her speak again. After a moment she continued "Close your mouth honey, it'll attract flies."