7: Daddy

Chapter 7: Daddy (Devon's POV)

As usual this morning I lurked by Izza's room just as Kelly entered to drop off breakfast. I had Kelly stop locking the room after the third day Izza was here. She has never tried or asked to leave her room. She seems content to be left alone, but I feel bad that she doesn't have anyone. I heard the sound of the shower running and being turned off as Kelly opened the door. That's was strange Izza is always up and dressed waiting on her burnt breakfast when Kelly arrives.

"Breakfast and fresh towels are here," Kelly yelled, so Izza could hear her in the bathroom.

I heard the bathroom door opened and Izza shouted back "Ok great" in a sarcastic tone. Did she sound off this morning? She's sounded off all week. Like she has been ill. Maybe I do need to talk to Kelly about making her something different. Dex was whining in the back of my head, but not saying anything. I think he wants to check on her, but she's not dressed, probably still drying off her perfect alabaster skin that's dripping wet from the shower. If I stand here any longer I will have her pressed up against the wall forcing my way into her. I have to go now.

I took off for the training grounds as fast as I could. I went to the weight room to go lift for a while since I had some extra tension to burn off. I had four cyber meetings today about trading supplies. We grow a large number of tropical fruits and vegetables here on the island, so we are very sustainable. All of them went well, but I had this impending feeling of doom all day. I decided I was going to check up on Izza myself today. It's been six months since we have seen her. I think it would be good for Dex too, as he has been very withdrawn this week.

Running a little behind because my last meeting ran past, I headed for the house at a jog. That's when I got a mind-link from Kelly. It wasn't just a nudge either. She pushed her way in.

"Alpha, Alpha come quick something is wrong with the girl." She sounds frantic and my heart stops in my chest.

"What girl?" I knew I should have checked on her this morning.

"The only girl you have stowed away in a room that I take care of," Kelly Responded. Oh, six months and Kelly still doesn't even know her name. I guess she can follow orders.

I sped up more, asking "What do you mean something is wrong? What's wrong"

"I don't know, I came to bring her dinner and she wasn't in the room. There is a nasty puddle of blood and I don't know what else between the bed and the bathroom. I hear noises coming from the bathroom but the door is locked." If I were there the door would already be splintered.

She said blood. Is she trying to end her life? She can't. She can't leave me. I mean she can't take my wolf. Dex growls in my head. He would rather die than live without his mate.

"Are you not a werewolf? Break the door down if you have to, to get in there. I am almost there myself." I pushed myself to get there as fast as I could. While running I mind-linked the pack doctor to get to my house as fast as possible now, to my old bedroom on the first floor.

As I made it to the room Kelly had just opened the door, I heard screams of pain coming from within. When Kelly took a step back, I almost passed out.

There stood my naked mate, but not how I remembered her. Her stomach was swollen past the size of a basketball, her boobs looked fuller, she has filled out in multiple places and she was screaming in pain. She was crouched in the shower with a pile of pillows and blankets under her. There was blood on the blanket and between her legs there seemed to be something clawing its way out of her headfirst. Or should I say, someone? I couldn't breathe. Dex was going insane.