17: Confirmation

Chapter 17: Confirmation (Devon's POV)

As I ordered breakfast for Izza and me this morning, I could see she was nervous. I wish I could ease her nerves, but I know the Elders are going to be upset. They will be upset with me not her. I will not let them take out their anger at me, towards her. If punishment will be ordered it will only be ordered on me. They will not touch her. This is all my fault.

We sat in the car and ate our breakfast. I couldn't keep my eyes off of her. She wants me to court her and that I will. I will do my best to make it up to her for how much of an ass I have been. She deserves so much more than me. She is beautiful and strong. She had to be to endure everything life has put her through. She doesn't think she is strong though. If she only knew. She is a Luna, my Luna. She has had the power since I marked her, even though she has never intentionally used it.

Once we were finished, I walked around the car and opened the door for her so we could go meet my fate. I tightly wrapped my arms around her. She's put on a little weight, but that is my fault for keeping her cooped up in the house. She looks perfect no matter what weight she is. It's good for her anyway. When I first met her she was too thin. Her curves excite me as much as everything else about her does.

Entering the counsel office Uncle Charlie mind-linked me saying, "Really, fucking the help now boy?" I only pulled Izza tighter and kissed the top of her head. At this Uncle Chalie's look softened. "Ah... Alpha Devon so nice of you to join us." He said out loud.

"Good morning Elder Charles. I'd like to start today's meeting by introducing you all to my mate. Izzabella." Leaving every Elder staring at us in shock.

Elder Asher, the leader of the Elders, stood up and asked. "Explain?"

"I have been a horrible Alpha and an even worse mate. This is Izzabella, not Nikki. My mate didn't die giving birth to the twins. She stands right here in front of us. I have been a selfish asshole for far too long. I have hidden her and left her alone. I have refused my Pack the Luna they deserve. I have lied to those that I protect. I will take any punishment that you choose willingly. I deserve punishment for the poor treatment of my mate. I just ask that you don't take any of this out on her. She has never done anything but what was asked of her. She has suffered enough." I hugged Izza tighter hoping they would take mercy on me.

Alpha Asher responded. "We would like to take a few minutes to discuss this amongst us."

"Understood." At least they aren't yelling at me.

The Elders left us alone for a few moments whilst they talked.

"What do you mean by punishment. Do you expect them to do something to you because of this?" Izza asked sadly.

"I have lied to them for a long time. They have the right to publically whip me for this. I'm sorry I did not tell you. I deserve it for what I have done."

Izza turned in my arms and kissed me. It felt amazing. It felt like she really was in this with me. As I am in this with her. "I just want to move on with our lives now. I don't want to continue to live in the past." Izza whispered to me as she laid her head on my chest. I held her as close as I possibly could. Afraid at any moment she would disappear.

The Elders rejoined us shortly after. "We have decided that the indiscretion is more of a fault of an Alpha on his Luna. Per law, it is actually up to her to choose how you will be punished. So Izzabella, how many lashes do you think three years of mistreatment is worth."

Izza cleared her throat and then directly addressed the council as if she did this every day. "Thank you, please call me Izza. Do I have to punish him? I prefer to turn a bad situation into something more positive. He has realized the mistakes that he has made and is trying to right the past. I have not accepted that he has fully changed, but we are working on us while taking things slow. I don't want to have to witness his pain. I have already felt enough of my own. I take no joy in watching someone be beaten. I spent too much of my life being physically abused. I do not want that for my mate."