Chapter EIGHT

Archer West

The night is still and eerily silent outside the window of my parked car. From the stakeout location I can clearly make out the empty, standard suburban house across the street, the home of the current target of my investigation, Carrington Corp board member and corrupt bastard, Brian Asher.

I have worked on various contracts at the private security firm, Specter, for the last four years; as the leader of their primary unit, Alpha Team - with a flawless record mind you.. That, combined with my extensive Military training and a longstanding friendship with Alex Carrington, my name had been the first on the list for the Carrington Corp job when the old man had been off'd.

Iris, the chief in command at Specter, had picked up Alex as an operative for Specter over two decades ago.. He had of course since retired, moving to part time contracts in order to run his multi-million dollar company, but we'd hit it off when she introduced us a few years back.. The old guy was a real character, tough as nails and crazy as a bag of wet cats, but he had this uncanny ability to make anyone and everyone feel important.. Like they mattered to him..

I never pried into the personal relationship between Alex and Iris.. But I'm pretty sure they were doing it on the down low.
I've definitely never brought it up to the bosslady though.. I enjoy my work at the elite and not so on the books security agency, and If I'm being honest, Iris kind of scares the shit out of me.. Just one more thing I would never actually admit to her..

Even though I am good at my job, and even though the pay is more than compensatory, sitting in a car in the middle of the night is not my idea of a good time..
I've been waiting for Asher to return to his home for fucking hours now and my patience is running out.

After the latest staff meeting, Ellerie checked the discrepancies Honey had discovered in the board's expenses and I had not been surprised to find she hadn't been wrong.. After all, Honey was Alex's EA, she woukd know the inner workings of Carrington Corp better than any of us..

She had found that millions had been laundered through the company accounts under the guise of legitimate shipments and deliveries, while even more had been smurfed out into offshore accounts of shell companies in Panama..

The obscene amount of missing funds alone is enough to explain why Honey had dismissed it as an error, some data entry secretary somewhere accidentally hitting zero a few too many times.. But no.. It was no innocent mistake.

I have no idea how my team missed it.. And I especially have no idea how Ellerie, who has been undercover on the board for months, missed it.

Right off the bat I had pegged Honey as either an enemy or irrelevant before I'd even met her, and now.. I'm seeing that I couldn't have been more wrong, I'm left kicking myself for underestimating such a strong, smart and sexy as hell woman.

Honey Sinclaire is a straight up smoke show.. Beauty and brains wrapped up in a sugary Southern charm..

My phone buzzes in my pocket with a message and I pull it out checking the name on the screen to see that it's from Honey;

'I can't stop thinking about you..about earlier.' she writes..

I inhale sharply, my cock stiffening at the memory of her dropping her skimpy, strappy red thong to the floor and hitching up her skirt before climbing on the conference room table, thighs parted wide with her pretty pussy on display, while I locked the door.

Her sparkling sapphire blue eyes never left mine.. Even as I dropped to my knees and devoured her honeypot as if it were my last meal.

Goddamn.. She'd tasted as sweet as her namesake had promised she would, I would've given anything to claim her in that moment. To bury myself so deep inside her she'd scream my name.. That would be the sweetest sound..

But knowing the lying asshole that I am, it wouldn't have been right..
So instead I had settled on making her come undone in my mouth..Twice.

The memory of her glossy long blond hair splayed out on the polished mahogany of the conference table beneath her undoes me.. Her silky alabaster complexion and the way her perfectly toned body twisted and tightened, her legs shaking while she moaned and panted rocking her hips into my face, the memory alone enough to get me hard again..

I haven't stopped replaying it in my mind since kissing her full strawberry lips goodbye...

I tap out a short reply with a grin; 'Neither can I baby.'

Immediately my message is followed by a wave of guilt because, what the fuck am I doing?

I don't want to do the wrong thing, or be the kind of shady guy who fucks with an unknowing, innocent sourthern sweetheart.. But Honey's got me all kinds of conflicted and now, the right thing feels more wrong than ever..

I tap out another message; Shouldn't you be in bed, like a good girl?'

I know I should put the phone down, just leave her be as the cell buzzes in my hand with her speedy response; 'Still at the office, I had to finish up some things.. About to head home. I could say the same thing to you though.'

My blood runs cold.. She's still at the office and Asher is still nowhere to be seen..
"Fuck!" I mutter to myself aloud, turning the keys in the ignition and slamming the stick into gear.. The tyres screech as I pull out of the quiet street, the engine roaring angrily as I race towards the city..