Chapter TWENTY EIGHT: The Storehouse

Honey Sinclaire

The echoing sound of water dripping slowly, like the tick of a clock, is the first thing you notice as the daze of unconsciousness lifts and your eyes open..

Slowly your pupils adjust to the dim light of the unfamiliar room.. You look around to see what appears to be an old abandoned warehouse of some sort..

Wriggling in place, you try to move but your arms are fixed behind your back and your feet are tied to the legs of a metal chair, that is bolted to the floor.. "What the fuck?" You grunt, tugging at your ties until your wrists feel raw and tender.. It is no use, you can't break feee, so instead you turn your attention back to assess your surroundings..

The smell of salty sea air and dust lingers around you.. So you imagine you must be near the coast, perhaps by the shipping depot on the South side of the city.. The concrete floor and brick wallsof the wearhouse are stained in a million different ways and covered in grime.. In fact, everything is covered in a thick layer of filth..

You swallow, your mouth dry and your throat like sandpaper as you remember the feeling of two giant hands strangling the breath from your lungs, crushing your windpipe..

Tears prickle your eyes and a pathetic sob escapes you.. "Oh god.. I'm going to die.." You focus on breathing, trying to calm yourself down .. But you're basically just hyperventilating, so it doesn't really work..

You're silenced by the sound of some body's pained coughing, emitted from the shadows against the far wall.. You call out, trying to sound braver than you feel.. "Who--who's there?" Your eyes scan the darkness for a face..

You gasp in shock, when on the floor, hands zip tied behind his back and his feet bound, Flynn Bexley slides toward you on his belly like a worm.. His face is swollen and bloodied, his clothes are covered in rusty red stains.. You have no idea how he's still alive looking at the state of him.. "Oh my god.. Flynn?" You gasp, horrified by the sight of your battered co-worker.. "What happened to you, who did this?"

"Uggghhhh, Honey.. Is that really you? What are you doing here?.. You shouldn't be here.." He groans seeming pained by his every movement. Blood drips from his mouth as he lifts his head to speak.. "He's fucking crazy!" Absolute terror fills his expression...

"Who is? Do you mean Asher? Why did he take you.. Why did he take me?" You strain against your ties as they cut into your flesh, struggling to lean closer so you can hear his croaky reply..

"I don't know.. I hardly even know the guy.. Sam introduced me to him, he said he had some I.T jobs on the side for me. I did the work and next thing I know.." He splutters, more blood spilling to the floor, pooling in front of him.. "They beat the shit out of me.. I.."
He begins to cough and cough uncontrollably.. Crimson droplets spraying everywhere..

"Shhh, shhhh Flynn.. It's going to be okay... You're going to be okay.." You do you best to comfort him.. Even if it's a lie, you can't bear to see his suffering...

His forehead drops to the floor and he is still.. You can see his back rising and falling, so you assume he has passed out, maybe from blood loss, but who knows..

Panic begins to set in as you stare at Flynn's limp, unconscious form.. Asher wants the key, you know that much... but you're beginning to wonder how far he will go to get it, and what will happen to you when he realises how disposable you are..