Chapter THIRTY FIVE:The Suspect

Archer West

Honey has been taken to Specter's private medical facility to have her various injuries taken care of.. I was reluctant to leave her side at first.. After assessing her injuries the doctors believed it would be best to keep her in a sedated state until her body heals enough to aid her psychiatric recovery..
They determined her torture had been severe enough to seriously scar her, both body and mind and so she would have a better chance of adjusting if her body were in a slightly better condition when she wakes.

It was Jackson who convinced me the best way that I could help Honey would be to get back to work and since Samantha Parker's wearhouse was being used as a torture black site, Im more than ready to get some answers...

Sam sits across the wide metal table, palms down on its shiny surface. I pull out the lapel pin from Honey's apartment and place it in front of her.. "Have you seen this before, Miss Parker?" I start off light.. I can always get tough later if need be.
First I want to see if she will respond better to the carrot rather than having to use the stick.. "If you tell me what you know, I can help you Sam.. If you don't.. Well I can't say what will happen.."

Her overfilled fake lips purse tightly, she glances at the pin before her eyes dart to the side... She's nervous. Good...
"I've seen it. It's Flynn's.. He wears it all the time.." She narrows her eyes on me suspiciously.. "Where is he?"

"You tell me.." I lean back in my chair and make a palms up gesture..

"I.. I haven't seen him in a few days.." The tremor in her voice tells me she's worried.. About Flynn.. Or something else.. I'm not sure, yet..

I move to a new line of questioning.. "Does the address 213 Seabrook Boulevard mean anything to you?"

She frowns.. My stomach drops at the sight because.. Its a genuine reaction, and I know it. "Where is that? Is that where Flynn is?"

I can see she's hopeful to hear any news about her missing boyfriend.. "No, Flynn is not there.. But he was.. He was there at the warehouse, that is leased in your name..." I slide the real estate paperwork with her signature on it across the table..

She inspects it, shaking her head as she turns through the pages... "I've never seen this before.. I don't understand.." She looks back up at me, slack jawed..

Sh*t.. Moving on..

"At the will reading, you said Alex promised you the COO position.. Why would he do that?" She tenses and I can tell I've finally asked the right question..

Sam shifts in her seat, uncomfortably... "I'm.. I'm an excellent employee. Alex recognised that and.."

I chuckle, quiet and bemused and she stops short, scowling at me.. She clearly thinks I'm an idiot... "That's a load of shit Samantha.. Try again.." I harden my stare and lean forward, maybe menacingly.. Honestly, I don't know what she thinks of my appearance, and I don't really care, I just need her to know I'm serious.

She swallows slowly and I watch her throat bob.. "Alex.. Alex told me if I dated Flynn.. and stole a flash drive from him, he would give me the promotion.." She looks around, lowering her voice.."He told me Flynn had been trading company secrets and the flash drive had the proof.." Her hands clasp together and she begins to twist her fingers idly.. "I delivered the drive.. But.. Flynn was.. He was so nice to me, I ended up.. Wanting to date him, for real."
She sighs and brushes the hair back from her face.. "I know it was wrong but.. After Alex died.. I thought it wouldn't matter.. That I could just pretend none of it ever happened.." Tears begin to spill over her bronzed cheeks.. "Now he's disappeared and you're here asking me all these questions.."

Holy shit, Alex. What did you do man!?

I watch her carefully for any sign that she's lying.. But it's just not there.

Just to be sure I pull out one more thing.. The scribbled message with Honey's necklace folded up inside.. This time I hand it to Samantha.. She opens it, lifting the necklace in one hand, holding the note in the other.. She looks between them.. "Have you seen these?"

She shakes her head.. "No, never.."