Chapter THIRTEEN: The Safehouse

Honey Sinclaire

You open your eyes to blink in confusion at the totally unfamiliar surroundings... Feeling at the soft bed dressed in fuzzy flannel sheets beneath you, you push up onto your side and glance around.
The safehouse room is sparsely decorated with only the large bed and a small side table beside it.. A glowing white, early morning light streams through a crack in the heavy grey curtains..

Movement at the foot of the bed catches your attention as you pull yourself to a sitting position nd curling your knees up to your chest..
You gasp startled when your eyes find each other..

"Hey baby.." Archers voice is barely a gravelly whisper as he hands you a mug of dark, delicious scented coffee.

You slowly reach out, accepting the offering as you stare at him, slack jawed.. Trying to piece together how you're feeling through the sleepy fog in your mind..
Unsure of what will come out of your mouth when you open it, you opt to take a slow sip instead and say nothing, while the silence in the room screams with a raging tension..

He sighs, "You're pissed.."

You shoot him a glare, honestly, what does he expect?! Of couse you are pissed off.. More than that, your heart hurts and your head aches.. "Oh? Why do you suppose that is, West?"  You snap dryly, rolling your eyes..

His thick dark brows shoot upward, surprised by your snarky tone and he huffs, hanging his head in shame, "Yeah.. Okay, I deserve that.."

You push back against the headboard of the bed to move away from him.. Trying to put as much distance between the two of you as possible..
It's impossible to think with him sitting there looking all ruffled and guilt ridden, the separation feela almost unbearable, but you are too mad to move past it.. Part of you wants to hold and comfort him.. While another part of you wants to slap him across that gorgeous face for lying to you, "Are you going to explain what exactly is going on here?"

He watches you with caution, a wariness apparent in his approach, as if he can read your doubtful thoughts..
You stare back into those deep, sea-green pools and your heart rate speeds up to a rapid pitter-patter, fueled by the electricity you're share with the unknown man..

You have shared intimacy with him, sure.. But knowing him as you'd thought you did is now a lie.. Everything feels fake..

"What's going on here-- You mean, between us?" A hopeful light takes over his expression as he slides an inch towards you bringing with him his intoxicating aromatic cologne of chocolate and cherries..

Lord help you.. He smells so good.. Like an expensive dessert that you want nothing more than to devour whole..

You shake your head, attempting to clear your jumbled thoughts, "Alright.. I guess we can start there.."
Pulling the blanket higher to cover yourself you fold your arms across your chest, "So, what is going on between us?.. This whole thing has been, what?.. A joke?.. A lie?"

He looks hurt, wounded by your words and scolded by your sharp tongue, but he quickly shakes it off, "It's not a joke, Honey.."

Your anger spikes now, getting the better of you, "That's not what your buddy Patrick seems to think.." You bite, referring to Patrick's odd comments yesterday, something about your 'appeal'..

This does not make Archer happy to hear.. For a moment you feel a little guilty for throwing Patrick under the bus.. He has been nice after all..

His brunette brow creases and his jaw clenches with rage, "Patrick is a fucking idiot.."
He runs a hand over his face, exasperated and clearly seeking a calmer state of mind"I promise you, Its not a joke baby.."