Chapter ELEVEN

Honey Sinclaire

Archer goes rigid with tension at your irritated questions, he remains perfectly still, except for the ticking muscle in his jaw that gives away his frustration..

Your mind peels through doubts and regrets.. Shameful and self loathing thoughts begin surface as you are now reminded of just how utterly insane you've been behaving lately.. Becoming intimate with a man you know so little about.. Of course he had been too good to be true.. You should have seen though the lies.. But you hadn't and the result is now this humiliating slap in the face..

When he says nothing you repeat yourself.. This time it is definitely a question, and there is no misunderstanding how pissed off you are, "I said, who the hell are you, answer me!?"

Archer shakes his head and waves a hand at you, but he doesn't look you in the eye, "Not now, Honey." keeping his attention on Patrick in the doorway..

His patronising tone grates against your already frayed nerves, sparking a fire of fury throughout your body.

You're about to pitch a fit, Southern belle style.. Which, fairly, is not all that intimidating.. Mostly it would usually include whispered words of rage, some extremely flowery language..and maybe a little weeping..

Right before you can kick off, another man enters the room, this one ignoring you completely as he approaches Archer, addressing him directly, "We're good to go, the car's out front for the Jane."

This new guy is the very definition of tall, dark and handsome, albeit extremely uptight. With his bronzed-coca complexion, heavy set towering stance and causal sports-jacket, he is mountainous with a ln air of maturity.. Although he couldn't be a day over thirty five..
If you'd seen him elsewhere you would think he was a professional athlete of some kind, a boxer or maybe a footballer with those shoulders..

"Patrick, go with Ford. Take Honey to safehouse sixteen. Don't stop for anything and cover your tracks." Archer issues the orders easily and the two men are quick to respond...

"Sure thing, Boss.. C'mon lovely, let's get ya outta 'ere.." Patrick gestures for you to follow him towards the fire exit..

You take one step before realising what you've almost left behind, "Wait! I need my notebook." You turn back to look towards your office door, where you had left your handbag..

Archer grumbles with frustration, scrubbing his hand through his hair, toustling his locks in a way that only gives him a sexy as hell, rugged wild-man look, "You really need to go with Patrick and Jackson now, Honey. They'll take you someplace safe, there could be more of these guys coming after you."

He surveys the office looking like a panther ready to pounce..

"Please.. Archie,"  You plead with your meek voice and your frightened eyes, pouting with slightly parted lips.. "I don't need anything else, just my book.."

"Shit.." Archer huffs out an impatient breath.. "Stay with her," he barks at the other two, "I'll be right back."

He leaves you all standing there as he heads off in the direction of your office to retrieve the notebook filled with your treasured memories..

Patrick smiles at you, now leaning casually against the doorframe, "Mus' be a pretty good book then, aye?"

"It' is."  You nod, not knowing what else to say, or who this guy even is, let alone why he is being so friendly.. But it seems genuine, so you try, forcing a small smile you add, "It's silly.. But it's important to me.." You blush, feeling a little childish now for wanting the book in the first place..

But Patrick only grins wider, "If it's importan' to you, then it's importan' to us.. Rite, Jack?"

"Mm.." The one called Jackson only gives a short grunt and stiff nod in return, not convincing you that you or your book matter to him at all..

Patrick hooks a teasing thumb in Jackson's direction, grinning from ear to ear, "See?"

"Clearly.." Despite yourself, you chuckle at the exchange right as Archer re-enters the room, his eyes narrowed on you suspiciously when he sees that you and Partick chatting..

"Here's your book.." He thrusts the notebook into your hands without so much as look at you, and turns on his heel marching back out to the main floor.

As he reaches th door he calls out over his shoulder to his comrades, "Now, get her the fuck out of here."

Patrick steps forward to take you by the arm as he cheers in reply.. "Oorah!"