Chapter NINE

Honey Sinclaire

Archer doesn't reply to your message, so you put down your phone and begin clearing your desk, packing away the day's work since you had only decided to stay late in the hopes that Archer would come back to the office...
But he hadn't.. Much to your disappointment..

After he had given you the most mind blowing orgasms of your life on the conference room table, he had fed you some line about 'pressing business to attend to' and kissed you sweetly goodbye.
The whole thing left you feeling exhilarated and unbelievably conflicted...

Around him you feel free and uninhibited, bold and crazy sexy.. Like you can be your wildest self in every way, like he is in complete control and you don't have to worry about a thing... But then again, he is so secretive, and mysterious.. You hardly know a thing about him.. The one, niggling issue you just can't quite ignore..

Your daydreaming is interrupted by a loud crashing sound that comes from the main floor of the office that has you jolting up in your chair with a start..

Rising from your desk and crossing to the doorway you begin to call out to see who's making all the noise..."Heloooo? Archie, is that yo--"
Freezing mid-sentance at the sight before you, wide eyed.. A peircing, raw terror tearing at your heart..

A huge man dressed in all black with a ski mask pulled over his face, stands meancingly on the other side of the room near the elevator doors..
You see the shine of black metal glinting and quickly recognise the weapon in his outstretched hand is pointed directly at you..

"Gun.." You whisper..

Your eyes lock with the horrifying man for only a fraction of a second, but that is all you need to see the black empty soul inside and instinct takes over..
You spin around on your heel and sprint in the opposite direction, towards Archers office, hurtling yourself into the room and throwing yourself beneath the desk. You tremble, wrapping your arms around your legs as you curl inward, wishing with all your might you could become invisible..

There's nothing but a silence so profound you could hear a pin drop and the hushed rustle of stealthy footsteps making their way around desks and chairs out on the main floor.. Your heart hammers in your chest so loudly you swear that psycho is going to hear it.

You wait, and wait, for what feels like an eternity.. But nothing happens...

You take deep calming breaths until you feel brave enough to peek around the edge of the desk to get a view of the fire exit though the open office door..

Its then you see him.. Not the gunman..
Archer.

His back is pressed to the wall as he peers around, his silvery handgun raised to a ready position..

He spots you and gives you a small nod, before lifting a finger to his lips, making the international sign for 'shhhhh'..

You nod.. Pulling back under the desk and squeezing your eyes shut to block out this bizarre reality

What the hell is going on!?
Who is that guy, why is Archer here?..
And why do they both have guns!?